Going to Kylie tonight and other reasons to be stoked.

Sorry for an inane post but I am stoked today.

Off to see Kylie tonight in Perth. Am ALMOST as excited about that as much as leaving for Habs on two weeks and two days. Just prior to leaving for Japan Im picking up the new car. Here's the car and I'll try and get a photo of Kylie 2nite. Hopefully a few snow photos soon too \:\) Have a great dat everyone.

000_0307-2.jpg

I know bugger-all about US cars. What is it?

As an aside, all that space above the engine is created to get enough height in the radiator to ensure proper cooling. Compare it with the bonnet line of the car behind. We've come a long way.

You actually like the squawking budgie?? eek.gif

(Your likes seem to be diametrically opposed - hotrods and suspect-pop divas)

Where's a dose of polonium when ya need it! wakaranai.gif :p

Good luck to you anyway - takes all types I suppose.

Car is 1932 Ford. Fell in love with it 6 weeks ago at a show and couldnt believe that I had the chance to buy it last week. Told the bank I wanted the money to put in a new kitchen \:\)

Might be riding my current Never Summer this trip though :p

I like LOTS of styles of music, including some of Kylies. Never really appreciated dance music until I had a mad summer clubbing ;\) . Whilst it differs from going to see a hard rock band like Ministry its still the same in many ways - entertainment. Crew went last night and raved about it. It should be fun, isnt that what life is about? Do any bands tour to Habs?

Was that the same rust bucket you were smiling about a few threads back? If it is, it's come along nicely. When you say 'picking it up', I thought you fixed them up yourself. Do tell all.

Is it a hybrid? ;\)

Oceans 11 its a completly different car. Sold the previous one to part fund this one. As much as I enjoy the challenge of building something i neverv have (a car) it was going to take me at least 18 months to get the other one done and I'm impatient at times. \:\)

Its currently getting new wiring and a fresh coat of paint, then I pick it up. Drive it a couple of days and take off your way for 5 weeks. Might just have to wag the last day or two at work to drive it some more \:\) Its not a hybrid as its got a greenhouse gas killing petrol V8 but I feel my day to day job as an environmental scientist offsets that back to neutral \:\) Well thats my story and i am sticking to it LOL

If it's hot rod time, here are a couple of mine. This one I stripped back to bare metal, and repainted. Here's a big lump of aluminium going into a very small hole.

199911044ou.jpg

The finished product. I was very pleased to get the panels that straight.

xsgtvwembley22po.jpg

This one was a sleeper. A small car with a big engine, and a 5.3:1 diff :yawn:

200107crop5ov.jpg

7 Hrs to Kylie !!!!!

12 or so days until I get the '32.

2 Weeks 2 days until Japan.

I love the count down.

Mate that alfa looks fantastic, awesome work. Getting panels straight is incredibily hard. What did that motor come out of?

Sorry, I'm being rude. Love the '32.

That motor is standard GTV. They are dohc, and came with twin 40mm dellortos, headers and 5 speed gearbox. 1.8 litres giving 140bhp.

I took the original 1300 out of the Giulia sedan and put an 1800 in that too. That caused a bit of heartache because the 1300 would rev to 8,000, and sounded fantastic. It was shagged though, and the temptation of an extra 40bhp and monstrous torque was too much.

I was really sorry to let the Giulia go because although it looked a bit scruffy, it was completely original, the body was absolutely straight and virtually rust free.

Yes quite. The GTV bum was so nicely executed that Colin Chapman copied it (including using GTV tail lights) for the Lotus Elan.

The Giulia is more matronly, but will accommodate much more luggage.

Sorry, what was that you said?

Those smaller cars of yesterday were really nice shapes. I sometimes see old Datsuns around and marvel at their elegant, sporty lines. They might not have been as well-appointed as today's vehicles, but even with a patina of age on them, they look really spiffy.

I spotted a Scimitar in Bristol harbour a few years back and couldn't take my eyes off it.

Locomotion was done in a full 20s theme, VERY different and really cool. Great show! Really entertaining. It was ceratinly the place to be last night as a single guy. No doubt about that! If you get the chance go catch the show as it tours.

O11, what you have identified is the hand of the design houses. The Scimitar was styled by Ogle Design. All car companies, including the Japanese, use the design houses at times. Sometimes they want inspiration, a new pair of eyes, sometimes they simply need to contract out the work load. They don't just draw pretty shapes either. They can do the underbody structure engineering, and even build the cars.

The three most well known carrozzeria are Farina, Bertone and Ital Design. The GTV (above) was drawn by Giorgetto Giugiaro while he worked at Bertone. He was appointed as Bertone's Chief Designer when he was 23, and that was his second car. The first was the Mazda 1500. Another notable car from his hand is the Mk1 VW Golf. Giugiaro went on to start Ital Design.

Ah, I see, the design houses. I didn't know about them.

Here is the said Scimitar. It was grey summer's day in Bristol.

scimitarsb2.jpg

Glad to hear Kylie was fun. Sometimes people can be too cool for their own friggin' good eh?

The cries for help are there, can no one close to him reach out?

1. Debt laden on lies to buy a hot rod.

2. Long distance plans to start a bar in a country you have never been to.

3. Expressions of OMG!! And excited hand clapping like a mince pie before a Kylie show (???!!!)

Someone help this guy from his own self destruction.

Terribly sorry that I dont fit your's or anyone else'e mould there mate. I gave up trying to be cool a long time ago and just do what plaeses me and those around me, often in the inverse order.

I had posted a whole lot more but in the end its my life, I'm financially and emotionally secure, go to any concert I want and dream out loud.

Just pulling your leg. No need to be defensive. Can you please buy me $500,000 worth of hotrods so I can enjoy the risk free unlimited annual appreciated of 15% from a highly liquid real asset with no carry costs nor cyclical value correlation. Thanks.