"The Ashes starts tomorrow!"

54-2, ponting is out for 2 runs.

I will not jinx us by getting too cocky just yet, but come on lads...come on...

edit...

BOO-YAH:

Quote:
1328: WICKET Australia 69-3

He's done it! He's done it! Long live King Monty Panesar. The script, it seems, had already been written. First ball of Monty's second over, Justin Langer misses a pretty straight one and it takes out his middle stump. The bearded genius wheels away in jubilation - they've never seen anything like it before. He doesn't get close to a high five. Who cares, man?

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1-1.jpg

Crowd was really cool yesterday, only saw one scuffle and that was caused by an obnoxious girl. The cops came and dragged a guy out from the little wrestling match, the crowd responded by booing the cops and yelling take the girl instead. About 3 mins later the guy was back and the cops dragged off the girl who had started it, much to the delight of the crowd who all cheered. I had seen them word her an hour earlier about being too pissed but pretty funny stuff.

The Barmy Army seemed to be having a ball as did the fanatics and there was lots of good spirited sledging all day. The Barmy trumpter could be heard right across the ground and was in great form. Why they banned it over east is beyond me.

Great day though seeing (most of) 12 wickets. If the Poms bat well today it should be a great match although the way its going I wouldnt want to holding tickets for the fifth day. I didnt need breakfast this morning as the guy i work next to will be bringing in a big slice of humble pie for me to eat after some rather ambitious comments about how we were going to thrsah the english.

Some people are really keen, got into work just after 6am and there people walking over to the WACA already - and it doesnt start for another 5 hours!

Nice one pete. Looks like you had a great day at the WACA. Wish I could have been there! Good to see a bowler friendly pitch for a change after the endless batting paradises that have been the norm of late. Poms 4 down already so this game will defineately have a result. Carn Aussies!

Gilly is going ballistic! \:D Haven't seen him do this in quite some time. on 98 right now. He just missed Viv Richards 21 year old record for fastest test 100. Went after it too but Hoggard bowled it very wide. Go Gilly! clap.gif \:\)

Have you been watching it though SG? The Aussie bowlers have been producing a lot of chances but the batsmen have been both lucky and controlled. It has felt like there could be a wicket for most of that time. Lots of near edges, a number of half chance catches, a number of close lbw denials. It has been both good batting and good bowling. 2 more wickets and I think the Aussies will get a real sniff and really fire up.

It was a real pity those last two weeks fell late yesterday. Its overcast and pretty dark in places here today and feels like a thunderstorm or more might happen. I wouldnt be surprised if play is shortened today and if not, dare I say it, the poms are 1/2 a chance to win.

they'll need to bat all day to win though, so the thunderstorms won't help them win, but might bring a welcomed draw.

And what's this about it being a pity PP?! Kick em while they are down mate! We want that urn back, and the era of Australias dominance is coming to an end. Enjoy it while we can I say!

Quote:
Originally posted by Bushpig:
Have you been watching it though SG? Lots of near edges, a number of half chance catches, a number of close lbw denials.
nope, too stingey to buy a willowTV package, been listening to the free ABC link.
The ABC commentators were saying that some of Warnes appeals were OTT and the match referee might be having a chat to him.
Will D/L the BBC highlights from Uknova.
Diwana has channel 9 highlights.

yeah warne certainly was carrying on like a pork chop yesterday. But even so he was bowling brilliantly and spinning the ball past the edge on many occasions. I think Keutzen (sp?) might have actually reported him for one appeal in particular. Was a good days cricket to watch after all that though.

Well this might shock Bushpig and a few others but I'm predicting an english victory!!!!! Monty will hit the winning runs! Well hopefully the poms are still batting at 4 pm and we will wander over after work and catch the last session. Stranger things have happened. They only need another 239 to win. Pity about the two wickets last night.

I must be ill, hoping for an english victory.