Google my friend.

Whistler info: http://www.whistlerblackcomb.com/stats/

Whistler gets around 360" a year which is approx 930 cm/yr.

In my 3 winters in Japan, I really haven't been too impressed with the snowfall amounts. In the NW US, I'd be bummed if the resorts didn't have at least 100" (258cm). There aren't too many places in Japan that maintain this much of a base throughout the season. Still, I've got no real complaints. There are definate geographical reasons behind this, namely the elevations of resorts here and their susceptibility to mid-season melts.

At least this season is looking up now \:D Hakkoda is looking really good as are many other resorts!

Quote:
Originally posted by Kintaro:
That's interesting. I had no idea. Do the Colorado and East coast resorts get that much as well?
Colorado and the Rockies can get a ton of snow along with the Sieras and the Cascades. Of course there are tons of differences, but many of the larger places in the west average over 300" a year.

The East Coast doesn't get nearly as much. Many of the resorts make their own snow to up their bases. It's definately cold enough there for that.

I get my DSL back tonight so I might do a little research and see what I can find on average base depths and average snowfall at resorts around the globe - just for the heck of it \:\)
 Quote:
Originally posted by Plucky:

Have to watch that though. That number is snowfall. The base is usually around 200 cm's and that's halfway up the mountain. For half the season you can only ski out on 1 or 2 trails. But the best skiing is up high anyways though so that doesn't matter.
 Quote:
Originally posted by Toque:
 Quote:
Originally posted by Plucky:

Have to watch that though. That number is snowfall. The base is usually around 200 cm's and that's halfway up the mountain. For half the season you can only ski out on 1 or 2 trails. But the best skiing is up high anyways though so that doesn't matter.
True - meant to mention that. That is total snowfall, not base. When I've been to Whistler, the base has usually been 250cm to 300cm. I believe they take that about 1/5th of the way up the mountain since the base is pretty close to sea level.