• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it's too cold for me now to go outdoor climbing, have to wait until spring.

glad to hear your skin is coming off; it's making you a better climber

one time i lost skin then the next day feeling on the medial side of my index finger. it was from grabbing the holds and squeezing. all better now tho.

after about a year's blank, finally did some bouldering at a local climbing gym in Kinshicho. dizzy, do you know if it's smaller/bigger than the t-wall in Edogawa-bashi?

anyway my arms are pretty sore but I had forgotten how fun it was. probably won't do much during the winter, but definitely something to look forward to after the snow season is over.

Here`s a comparison table for all the climbing systems used. It is a bit of a nightmare trying to compare, but Japan uses North American system, so anyone from there is o.k. Generally Europe uses French grades for bolted sports climbs and gyms.

http://www.ukclimbing.com/databases/crags/comptable.html

If anyone is round Osaka area and wants to go climbing, let me know as I go most weekends when there is no snow and there are some decent short route places near here, plus the some gyms.

I have no idea about that either, but I do like the British grades for climbing using your own protection and not bolts. It gives a technical difficulty grade and a seriousness / scariness grade which is definitely helpful when there are no bolts to use.

Climbing is good though. Clears the mind of the usual nonsense pretty well.

My pension came in today so I'm no longer poor

Spent a bit of it today and bought climbing shoes

Saltic Gurus

Going to try them out in about 20 minutes

No more sweaty rental shoes

If you thought wearing bowling shoes was gross then you have never worn shared climbing shoes with no socks

have to repost this, all my posts last night got deleted

sweet, beanie. i one time i did rent shoes at my gym, they made me wear white socks.

last tuesday, i was so stressed with all the crap that's been piling up and sick of it all...two hours after climbing it was all better.

i nailed a 5.10b on lead rope i've been trying for two weeks. stoked!

Quote:
Originally posted by Toque:
My pension came in today so I'm no longer poor

Spent a bit of it today and bought climbing shoes
Saltic Gurus

Going to try them out in about 20 minutes

No more sweaty rental shoes
If you thought wearing bowling shoes was gross then you have never worn shared climbing shoes with no socks
ewwww, specially with yo' nasty feet eek.gif ;\)

Always worth having your own shoes, harness and chalk bag.