The SJ work week in review

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally posted by eskimobasecamp:
oooooooooooooh engelberg!!! i met a couple of guys from engelberg this summer, they said it rips in winter thumbsup.gif it's on the top of my list of places to go in europe
As resorts go it looks pretty limp, which from a BC perspective is a good thing. Only a few lifts, all spaced out... great for touring access. Plenty of steep stuff and cliffs.

Why do I always have to write the weekly round-up of productivity and slacking on the SJ forum? I do all the bloody work around here and I don't even live in the damn country. I feel mean today. If I forget anyone then you suck and I did it on purpose.

SJ forum review for the work week ended 6 October 2006

NPM asked lots of questions and swore twice. Cleverly he misspelt [censored] but needn't have bothered with prikc. What a nancy.

TJ is buying a one season pass for happo. Or is that a happo one season pass?

Goemon continues to be the ringleader in silliness. I bet at school he used to make fart noises with his armpit.

Fattwin's interview was grouse, we all loved it. He gave SJ an unintentional poke in the eye by mentioning that they had actually edited the copy.

Kumapoo refused to contribute to the super good preseason stoke thread that Monty started last weekend. Can't snowboard, can't take pictures. Probably a virgin. Start giving up some good stuff fella. [Damn, as I typed this he put up some pictures. He's a fashion model. I bet he needs a stunt cock for the underpants photo shoots]

FT is buying a sled at the expense of bears and rodents and all other mammals in Hakuba.

CreekBoy announced the intention to mould his Ewok chick into solid back country crew. I bet he stops taking her touring really quick when she starts charging harder than he does on her first day out. By all accounts Creeky is a BC pussy.

AK77 spent the week working on a modern-day leadlight reproduction of the scene of Eskimobigarse's crash in NZ. AK made a genuine contribution to the forum, unlike other stooges that wont post a picture. Bigarse earned herself a referral to the authorities on the basis of being unfit to teach children. To set the record straight, black helmets do absorb more sun rays, but that does not make them become heavier on sunny days.

The SAC thread is strange. At first it seems like a cool place to hang and talk about cheap gear. But no, its nothing more than a bunch of housewives clucking over the latest Tupperware catalogue.

Everyone chatted about things (besides snow) that makes them smile. Look guy, some smiling is good, but seriously, you can't be all happy-happy-joy-joy at every damn cloud and rainbow. God gives people like you cancer to balance things out.

It snowed for a fourth time in Colorado and they now have a base. Contrary to popular opinion I do not think this is a result of global warming. I think it is Mother Nature celebrating the imminent departure of the worlds most hated man. Piss off GeorgeW, you're an arsehole and you look like a monkey. That has nothing to do with this week on the forum, but it is snow related.

In other snow related news, 'winter' has long ended for the beer gut yobbo's in Australia and summer is around the corner. Speaking of catalogues, with the services of a Japanese model the crew in Byron Bay have released this summer's range of blouses. I suggest you check them out. As we head into winter it is sensitive of us to observe nature's subtle indicators of the changing of seasons around the world. Whilst American's are using a stupid word and misspelling another with their admiration of Fall Colors, I give you something from down-under. Wakey wakey trouser snakey http://wickedweasel.com/.

Where the truck has O11 gone?

And this weekend's weather (I cleverly pieced this together from NHK's evening news);

Sunny in the south with occasional spells of uranium. Stormy, wet weather in the north with a near certainty of plutonium. In Tokyo, the weather will be shikkarito. Surfers will have it good this weekend as long as they stay away from the Japan Sea which will be irradiated.

Quote:
Originally posted by NPM:
Sounds bloody excellent Spud. Are we going to get a detailed write up of the weekend trip? Was the missus on this trip with you as well?
some pics for ya

Hiked to the top of the white peak
engelberg%20peak.jpg

Dog climbing
engelberg%20dog1.jpg

Dog checking things out
engelberg%20dog2.jpg

Dog resting
engelberg%20dog%203.jpg

Arrogant cow (with a bad toupee)
engelberg%20cow.jpg

colorado always gets snow this early, French Fry, especially Summit County.

It's always a race between Keystone and Breckenridge as to who will open first.

you didn't mention me in the week in review. but you also didn't mention yourself until the next post, so that must mean you suck lol.gif ;\)

yeah, you can ski pretty much year round in colorado on the glaciers, at least. maybe they don't compete for opening day anymore, now that the same company owns both resorts, plus two others in colordao, plus Heavenly in Lake Tahoe

nice pics of your dog, spud

Thank you for the picture comments.

It astounds me how robust and athletically fit that dog is, and how much he loves the outdoors. It took a fair few hours to climb the peak and the whole time he would run ahead 50m (with an uncanny ability to find the route), run back and get us, wait for us to walk another 10m and he would run ahead another 50m, run back to us... etc. for every 10m we walked, he ran 100m. We would be scrambling up an easy grassy/rocky section and you'd look up and see a head with jowls looking back down at us. he has no fear or understanding of heights. He did the same thing the next day, full of energy. He might look cuddly, but he's actually a hunting gun dog... mans killing companion. grrr.

Dizz - are you from CO? Started on the snow at 4 years old as well. I'm envious.

Quote:
Originally posted by le spud:
Why do I always have to write the weekly round-up of productivity and slacking on the SJ forum? I do all the bloody work around here and I don't even live in the damn country. I feel mean today. If I forget anyone then you suck and I did it on purpose.
Whiner.

Quote:
It snowed for a fourth time in Colorado and they now have a base. Contrary to popular opinion I do not think this is a result of global warming. I think it is Mother Nature celebrating the imminent departure of the worlds most hated man. Piss off GeorgeW, you're an arsehole and you look like a monkey. That has nothing to do with this week on the forum, but it is snow related.
au contraire...

Quote:
Arrogant cow (with a bad toupee)
engelberg%20cow.jpg
lol.gif

I have a couple of concerns about this forum. "The grumper" thread is far too popular for my liking. Just when it starts working it's way down the list, someone sticks his nose back into it. Moreover, at the present time, "The grumper", "Cho yummy things" and "Playful pussies" are in far too close proximity. Just a coincidence???!!! Hmm... Maybe somethings are better left off the menu. I think db also made a comment about not enough girls on the forum. There could be a connection.

On the plus side, the Niseko vs. Hukabi thread is getting much more interesting these days.

Some evidence to back up (some of) db_le pud's whining.

Quote:
- 90% of users are lurkers (i.e., read or observe, but don't contribute).

- 9% of users contribute from time to time, but other priorities dominate their time.

- 1% of users participate a lot and account for most contributions: it can seem as if they don't have lives because they often post just minutes after whatever event they're commenting on occurs.

thought it was 80/20, look like it's much more skewed than that.

guess I'm in that second category, but slipping back to lurker status. it's nice to check out the forums time to time for gossip/stoke, but given the limited amount of time in day I'd rather be outside actually doing something, like hiking up a mountain, bike-riding, etc.