Quote:
Originally posted by slow:
I checked the taifu website again and wondering, is Wakayama right spot? They should go to north, Chiba or Ibaraki. http://www.wavehunter.jp/wh/wavehunter/wh_tool/wh_tool_byarea.php?location=03&type=nww3h
Changed course, but there was always a chance it would. North is OK but there are better BIG wave spots around wakayama that would handle the swell.
They'll still get some decent size but nothing massive (for these guys anyway)

sigh... not big enough, Inamura classic was put off again...

yes, yes, I know there could be some nice spots in Wakayama. I found Isonoura in Wakayama also has a surfing event just like Inamura classic this year.

Quote:
Originally posted by Bushpig:
slow, do you surf?
No, haven't tried yet. Exboyfriend in my late teens who was crazy about surfing told me surfing was too dangerous for women and I didn't try... Haven't tried surfing and BC skiing yet, what a boring life I have. \:o ;\)

To tell ya the truth bushy, ya ain't missing much. There might be a few places firing but not many places will handle that swell. Look at aichi, closes out at 3 fargin foot!

Slow, take the plunge, sounds like you are really interested in surfing, so give it a try... Just not on a longboard!

but the banks are usually shot!

I hate to be a pessimist but after being let down so much in the place for surf I've finally stopped giving a shiat and now it's time to play golf... clubs are on the way clap.gif

lol.gif Mate, I totally sympathize! I gave up for quite a few years here until just recently my gf asked me to teach her to bodyboard. I had gotten used to the numbed feeling of no surf, but getting back out there a few times really amped me for it like I was 15 again \:\) I got some great banks after that typhoon a few weeks back and some solid chest to head high waves up in Shimane on the Sea of Japan. Also, back in Oz a few weeks ago I got some great waves at about 1.5 head height down in Cowaramup, SW Oz near Margaret River. Just me and a mate for 3 hours! THAT got me more pumped than I have been in a long time!

I was pumped after Indo this year. Even 204ft fott waves on the small days kept me amused!That was because they were better than anything I get here! Got back from trip amped to keep it going then, bang! flat for weeks or gutless crappy surf etc etc.

I am amped on surfing good waves too but been abit off this year. Also having my mate who came to the beach every weekend with us pass away makes it seem abit empty too.

• 2 weeks later...