Another silly UK poll (best album)

This time "greatest album of all time".

The Bends? Oasis? (Again?)

If something like this was done in the US, what would the list look like?

Quote:
Some 40,000 music fans were asked to name their favourite work in a survey by the book of British Hit Singles and Albums and NME.com.

Fans could make their own choice, and did not have to select from a list.

1: Definitely Maybe - Oasis

2: Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band - The Beatles

3: Revolver - The Beatles

4: OK Computer - Radiohead

5: (What's the Story) Morning Glory? - Oasis

6: Nevermind - Nirvana

7: The Stone Roses - The Stone Roses

8: Dark Side Of The Moon - Pink Floyd

9: The Queen Is Dead - The Smiths

10: The Bends - Radiohead

Radiohead is the only group that rate with me on any degree out of that list. I appreciate the influence some of those bands have had, but I wouldn't have chosen any of them.

I prefer those 2 Oasis albums to Radiohead. Radiohead just sseem to be cool to like for some reason. OK Computer just annoys me more than anything.

Yeah I have heard many people say that. I disagree. OK computer was my favourite album of theirs, and I haven't liked much since. They got a bit too full of themselves after that. Some tracks on OK computer are really good. I have a huge aversion to Oasis for the same reason you don't like Radiohead. Everyone liked them cos they were "cool".

They often come across like that (and very probably are like that). It's a Manchester thing. Someone like me possibly 'gets them' more than someone else. Their first 2 are good albums, but wouldn't make my top 10.

i dunno man. i think it's just a oasis thing. obviously you know the city and the attitude better than me but, i have a bunch of friends from manchester, i have spent a lot of time in manchester, and i always got the impression that it was a cool place with pretty cool people. nobody seemed like a whiny pukes to me.

now birmingham on the other hand...

Actually yes..... not sure how Manc Oasis are any more (and they are City supporters as well, enough said!)

Oasis now are quite different from what they were at the beginning when they were decent. They are just spoilt gits now who do controversial things to get publicity. How it seems anyway. Do thing Noel has talent, just got lazy

I actually think they are very talented musicians that can write some more than decent tunes. But, their attitude and their underserved (in my opinion) superstar status and popularity just puts me right off them. Or at least it used to. What really got me was that they thought they were cool and the gods of the music scene, when all they did was act like spoilt brats. Not to mention the half-whine that he sings in...

I'm happy to see the Smiths, but where the hell is

a)Monthy Python's "Contractual Obligation album"? and

b)Stiff Little Fingers' "Inflammable Material"? (or are they disqualified because they're Irish?)