1926. Hitler not in power yet. Alone in a room with him, gun in hand.

Do you like this poll?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like this poll?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure
    • Can you do another poll please?
  2. 2. Should I make a new poll?

• Yes please
    • No, don't need

As I said I am terribly repentent of my utter childishness now. (But at the same time suggest some people stop clenching their buttocks so tensely and perhaps relax slightly). lol.gif

may i ask how you manage to discuss mass genocide in a relaxed manner? it strikes me as being JUST A LITTLE insensitive and totally lacking in the moral integrity you have tried to poll.

no? so how does the ethical question work again? if i recall, Hitler in a room.... can we justify our single murder when weighed up next to the crimes against humanity that he orchestrated? would the question work nearly as well if you replaced hitler with martha stewart?

i might be wrong, i haven't really considered this too long, but you can't separate a man from his deeds. the whole basis for this moral dilema is the act of genocide. or is you beef with hilter due to his shortcomings as a artist?

Killing Hitler would certanly have made it easier for Stalin to "civilize" europe.

BTW. Hitler's pre war ideas was not all that different with other countries views on f.x jews. That is actually very scary.

I'd shoot him... but i'd definitely be struggling to imagine our world today without the second world war. If it wasn't Stalin somebody else would take Hitler's place for better or worse, it would be arguably inevitable for the industrialising countries of Europe not to break out in war at some point.

• 2 weeks later...

Having watched much of Star Trek and knowing full well the possible consequences of changing the time line, I would not kill him. I'd have a chat and see what he was like.

• 1 year later...

Actually I doubt that you would be able to kill Hitler. Doctor Who would turn up in the nick of time with one of his stroppy floozies and take the gun off you...

Actually there are some theories of time that Star Trek et al haven't explored. One is that time travel is impossible unless you move to a parallel universe that is currently at that point in time. Anything you do there only changes that future, not that of your "home" universe.