They don't seem to be able to get along do they?

Both Dave Gilmour and Roger Waters are going on solo tours. Funny how they are advertising it.

"The Voice and Guitar of Pink Floyd"

and

"The Creative Genius of Pink Floyd"

lol.gif

Not mad on Gilmours new album.

waters might be the "creative genius" behind pink floyd but the reality is that most of their biggest hits, (and best songs) were written by gilmour. further more, waters is prick and degrates his audience. why would you want to go see him? gilmour is by far the better performer and as of such the better one to go and see. it has been years, i can't wait.

Waters wrote The Wall though didnt he? Thats a good one, but I prefer Dark Side of the Moon and Wish You Were Here.

People always talk about Syd Barrett being the creative genius of Pink Floyd, but all their early stuff is junk (albeit groundbreaking at the time).

I had all their LP's up to Wish you were here, which dates me a bit. Those lines in The Wall "we don't need no education, we don't need no thought control" really pissed me off mad.gif

A bit like The Stones, I've not heard anything relevant since the 1970's. Nick Mason has a fantastic collection of classic sports and racing cars, They're not just garage queens. They get raced thumbsup.gif

the only thing that waters executatively produced was The Final Cut. everything else were co-ventures. now, that being said waters was in many ways the driving force behind the concepts of each album, but even so, the best music on pretty much every album from Meddle all the way to The Wall was written by gilmour.

I thought The Wall was pretty much a Waters solo album, I thought I saw that on a documentary about the tour for that album. Anyway I dont like that album that much, Im more of a Gilmour man.