IE7 is just like a basic version of Firefox. Firefox already has support for RSS readers, plus millions of other excellent add on tools.

However I am a web developer so that partially explains why they are so useful - for a normal user I'm not sure how useful they are. But you can extend the search bar so you can change which server you want perform a search on, ie. search amazon/ebay/google/wikipedia etc - thats well useful for anyone.

What amazes me is why no-one else has brought out a decent rival OS to windows. Linux/FreeBSD/Solaris are all really hard to use, even for someone like me they are so difficult to install and use that I cant be assed with it. Thus the layman user has no chance in hell.

I dont get why someone doesn't just make a version of Linux which is closer to windows in terms of its ease of use and ease to install.

I'm sure you can download cracked versions of Windows that will include some genuine check workaround. But most PCs come with windows pre-installed anyway so its not much of an issue.