Trying to see what the general cost of living is up in Sapporo area. I can compare after living in Hiroshima and now Ashiya but dont know about the prices of apartments, reikin, and shikikin up in Sapporo. What do you pay for rent and how big a place is it? How much does (did) it cost to get into a place?

Currently have a 3LDK and its 95,000/month. Id be interested in something more like a 2LDK and about 70,000ish.

Any info you could give me would be great. Thanks in advance!

wave.gif

Hey Creek Boy - is your quote from Tangerine Dream?

As for rent in Sapporo, you shouldn't have a problem. I know people in 2LDK's ranging from as low as 50,000 up to 70,000. About the rental agencies, you're right, most are morons. They'll try to get key money, or as one put it to me, "2man when you move in to remove little bugs from tatami, and 2man when you move out for the same thing"...huh!?! I walked out and told him it was b s. Both JOG and ABLE are leeches, I used one called LIFE, and the guy ended up only costing 1man for his fee.

stayne, yup, I love that quote thumbsup.gif

Cheers for your help too. When I get up there Ill search around for LIFE and see about their fees compared with other agencies.

Do you know much about the Kotani area? Thats probably were Ill be looking for a place. Thanks again for your help cool.gif

dunno yet. talked with cg about whats going on (though it was not a very long talk...yet) and she was surprised but really positive.

Yeah, I would be pulling a crash. BTW, I really wanna get that pic of him after he fell riding the bike to Kembys and send it to the chalet! \:D

bushy, no worries, this development came about last week. Though there have been 2 other times where Ive looked at jobs with this company. None were what I wanted until now. Im up to about 80-90% sure Im headin to Sapporo cool.gif

SB, we'd have ta meet up at Niseko or somewhere then eh? thumbsup.gif

PS, thank you Quattro for the PM \:\)

He might as well take your pad off of you. Taz would be better off saying that you guys had a fight and dont talk to each other anymore if you run off... maybe.

If you go up there I might come up for a few days next year to ski. but it would have to be early or late in the season.

Quote:
Originally posted by Fattwins:
He might as well take your pad off of you. Taz would be better off saying that you guys had a fight and dont talk to each other anymore if you run off... maybe.

If you go up there I might come up for a few days next year to ski. but it would have to be early or late in the season.
Ummmm, comment #1, no. That sounds dumb :rolleyes:

Comment #2, I can give you a discount to stay at my place since your a mate - PM me for prices :p Oh, and I do accept C.C.s but youre better off paying in cash cuz you save 5%.

its kinda of cheeky isnt it that I have to pay.

You dont think taz wouldnt hear whispers?

I vote that you stay in kobe but my vote doesnt count.

I have 1 good friend about to leave, 1 left recently, 2 going to leave in a year and now you are bugging off far away that isnt fun.

Sorry for getting back in the game so late, Creek Boy,

Yeah, that's the same place. The JR Kotoni-eki is two stops West of JR Sapporo-eki, and is about three blocks North of the Kotoni subway station. There is literally nothing but residential and light industrial structures around the JR station. If your job will be somewhere within metropolitan Sapporo, chances are that you will be using the subway or bus system more often than not. The subway is pretty well laid-out and is often faster/cheaper than JR.

It's a nice, convenient place, and not too noisy once you get off the main roads. After the restaurants shut down for the night, things get rather deserted.

Here's a municipal map:

http://www.city.sapporo.jp/nishi/gaiyou/map/map_kotoni.html

Sorry, Nihongo only. You can navigate around this page an see what's going on in Kotoni and nearby areas.