1. 1. Do you like this poll?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure
    • Can you do another poll please?
  2. 2. Should I make a new poll?

• Yes please
    • No, don't need

There are 6 (paid for) parking spaces infront of my building. I am the only car that parks front first. I laugh when I watch my neighbors struggling to back in, blocking traffic and taking loads of uneccesary time. I'm in or out in no time. The guy parked to my left tried to go front first for a couple of weeks but quit. I think he knew it was easier but just didn't feel Japanesee. wakaranai.gif

I park either way, whichever makes more sense at each location.

They back in here as you have more manoeuvrability which is a factor considering the insanely tight parking spaces that are on offer in some places.

If you have ever driven a forklift you will know the principle of the steering wheels at the back of the direction of motion allow for a tighter turning radius.

Its a question of either backing into a tight space or backing out of one.

In tight parking lots its courteous aswell as its easier to see over bonnets than to see around the higher rear ends of vehicles, it improves visability slightly.

Coming out forwards after parking backwards allows for fast getaways too.

chase.gif

Back in for me. I find it much easier and the getaways quick.

I am in Oz now and using the mirrors that they use here ( opposite from Japan) you can see as much and they don't have the concrete blocks to stop you either..

Here 99% are nose first..

I agree with snowglider.

The generally tight parking conditions have developed the "reversing in" custom, and as sg said the manouverability in reversing is far superior to front in.

Now I probably reverse 99% of the time.

When I was in Oz in August, my father asked me why I was reversing into the carpark in the supermarket.

Coz it's natural I said.