lots of company stuff in this one, but how about a shout out from th teaching core here.

JTEs that, despite all your best efforts to inspire and motivate students, repeatedly drop the ball. if they would simply learn that if they just stop ridiculing students, stop turning the class room into a grammar worksheet sweatshop, stop teaching ridiculus language with zero connection to reality and finaly learn how to speak and enjoy the language they are teaching then maybe we could have students that actually after years of study can string two sentences together! AHHHHHHHHHH

thank god for winter vacation.

It keeps the housing market fluid. Our neighbourhood is full of houses built at vast expense during the Bubble that the original owners have had to vacate so they can go and gain valuable experience in another part of the country at enormous cost to their family finances.

About my job...

i get sundays and 2 monthly holidays of every month, that sucks.

I found out that that my co workers get jealous if i tell them that i went snowboarding, so i now i have to lie when they ask what i have been doing on my day off. that sucks too!

Quote:
I found out that that my co workers get jealous if i tell them that i went snowboarding, so i now i have to lie when they ask what i have been doing on my day off. that sucks too!
That kind of thing really annoys me no end but it happens so much. Ends up people just not talking about anything other than the weather, Tama-chan and shit like that.
 Quote:
Originally posted by Ocean11:
Is there any particular reason why your coworkers can't go snowboarding themselves?

it's the kind of company where people are working on their day off for no particular reason
the kind of place where people do overtime just to spend time, not to get work done.

I think many people has been thinking about the size of their bonuses. my boss has been saying clearly that the size of peoples bonuses was dependant on how many hours of overtime they do.

So, yes they want to look good in the eyes of the boss.
I've done my share of overtime, and i'm not too tired or unmotivated because of my snow addiction. I have just felt that strong sense of dis-approvement from certain people already in early December. so i stopped talking about it.

did i mention that i don't get bonus?

miss my old job a lot

I went boarding with a Japanese guy who works at my school on a school holiday. He didn't want anyone to know we were going and when we got back he said not to tell anyone he had gone. He knew if he told people they would gripe about him behind his back that he was off having fun while others "worked" (half the staff actually went in to work that day even though they had no classes and nothing "real" to do). That kinda BS shouldn't be a surprise here but it sucks none the less.

A few of my colleagues have "secret" girlfriends. Not because anyone involved is married or otherwise attached, not for any apparent reason actually. It's just secret.

> my boss has been saying clearly that the size of peoples bonuses was dependant on how many hours of overtime they do.

Oh dear. I thought that from the point of view of economic and labour efficiency, managers were supposed to do everything in their power to reduce overtime, not encourage it.

But if the employees want to trade their free time for pay, that's their choice, innit?