Hi guys.

I'm coming to Japan in early march to stay with my friend for a couple weeks and I would like to get in a day or two of snowboarding.

How is the skiig/snowboarding in march? can someone recomend a resort with low crowds and good powder and nice backcountry runs?

How is Gunma in march?

Any info would be great!! \:D

Thanks

How about some friggin' snow for February???

Sorry, can't help you too much with the area in question. Typically, March is a great month for the mountains in most places. I think the bases at most places are doing pretty well right now and there should be more snow on the way. I'd venture to say you'll be just fine heading up anytime in March.

Thanks for replying so soon \:D

My heart isn't set on Gunmma but from what I've heard, it seems like a nice place.

When you say gunmma is ok in march just what do you mean by "ok"? Dose OK=slush? If anyone is interested in going out in eary to mid march let me know.

email me at katana144@aol.com

Thanks

Richard \:\)

Is there any rule of thumb in japan... ie do northern resorts have a longer season, or the other way round for that matter. I was thinking of going to niseko from round the 7th march until 17th but am holding out to suss out how feb goes!

Thanks again guys.

there is just so many places to ski in

Honshu!! I don't know which one to pick, heh.

I'll be staying witha friend in Shizuoka shi so I wana find a place within an hour or two train ride(shinkansen) of shizuoka.

I guess I should avoind nagano if I'm trying to get away from the crowds huh?

Thanks