Do we have any fellow migraine sufferers on here?

I don't have many but they are just the worst thing ever. Living hell. Need dark room and no noise, lie down - and still throbbing hurting pain......

Quote:
Originally posted by nagpants:
but they are just the worst thing ever. Living hell.
I am sure they are misery, but you have never experienced a second degree burn if you think they are the worst thing ever.

Perhaps unless you have experienced both?

I have never had a migraine but my sister used to have them. They completely knocked her out for 3-4 days, like nagpants said she seemed to be in agony even in a quite totally dark room.

She also used to get real annoyed at people thinking they were just "bad headaches", as do most migraine sufferers I'm sure.

What's migraine in Japanese by the way?

Quote:
Originally posted by silly-sausage:
What's migraine in Japanese by the way?
へんずつう 偏頭痛

I get em. They suck. Get em several times a year. I found Im most likely to get them when a really low-pressure system comes through...which sucks for typhoons/snow fronts, when I drink too much and am really dehydrated, as the seasons change. Mine typically last 2-4 days \:\( Sometimes theyre so bad I cant move and just have tears coming out my eyes, sometimes theyre just a really bad headache that wont go away. Either way, theyre not nearly as bad as my aunt has them which are 2-3 times a month for the same duration; but, she cant move, cant have any noise nor light, and just has to lay down with a towel over her eyes.

Anybody on medication?
 Quote:
Originally posted by Yamakashi:

Get em several times a year. I found Im most likely to get them when a really low-pressure system comes through...which sucks for typhoons/snow fronts, when I drink too much and am really dehydrated, as the seasons change. Mine typically last 2-4 days \:\( Sometimes theyre so bad I cant move and just have tears coming out my eyes, sometimes theyre just a really bad headache that wont go away. [/QB]
Sorry to hear that, Yama I have never had that. When you have it, what is the best way to stay with it besides laying yourself in bed?

Gamera, I just try to move slower than a turtle and not get my heart racing too much. Every beat of my heart feels like a 6 inch nail being rammed into my skull. Not fun but I it could be worse and be not as healthy as I am. So, guess a little pain makes me realize how lucky I am most of the time to be able to do what I do.

Miso: Its not yograine, its migriane! lol.gif