Good places near Fuji for good views?

Anyone out there familiar with areas surrounding Fuji for good views for taking photos/video? I'm now sussing out some areas. I was thinking maybe around Yamanakako, but I've not been out that way for quite a few years.

Also, any recs for places to stay around there with window views of Fuji? Might to some time-lapse video from there.

thanks.

Ah yes, Kawaguchiko, that's lovely too. Thanks Yama. Is it far to drive around between places like Kawaguchiko and Yamanakako? We'll probably rent a car so we can get around to nice spots, but for time lapse it would be nice to have a room that overlooks Fuji where we can leave the camera on all day while we go out shooting video and stills.

I guess it's just a matter of going there and checking it all out. I'd love to find someone really familiar with the area though...

Hi sunrise,

Is the video for your Fujisan song?

You should get there and drive around to find nice spot in the afternoon, stay somewhere camp site. And then wait for dawn to break. If you are lucky, you can take a shot of beautiful AkaFuji, just like the Fujisan in your lyric sheet.

fujisan.jpeg

Nice shot, slow. Is it yours? Yes, that's the song.

Camping sounds nice but we need a power source.

Weekends may not be the ideal time for me schedule-wise, Yama, sorry. But then the weather may dictate some of that too and I might find myself without as much choice, who knows. I'm waiting for more of a snow cap and for the leaves to turn more, so it's probably another 4-5 weeks before we go.