Google just keep on keeping on, their recent phenomenon Google Earth is a astounding success and now the have come out with a google talk!

http://www.google.com/talk/

seems they want to elbow in on the AIM, ICQ, Yahoo and MSN messenger instant messaging and also take on skype in the VoIP internet phone stakes.

Not be outdone Yahoo just released a new version of Yahoo messenger that has internet phone included.

Apparently you need a gmail account for it (gtalk) to work.

Its getting dizzying all the changes in the computing world!

dribble.gif

Nope its google talk

gtalk6dp.jpg

I just downloaded it and it has a really basic interface.

gtalk26zf.jpg

Quote:
The basic, uncluttered design of Google Talk conceals subtle differences with some jazzier features of rivals. "When instant messaging is like Las Vegas, with all kinds of advertising banners, it's very distracting,"
quote from some google dude

as you can see I just took a screen shot of it. It has snappy feature where your gmail emails popups and give you are short preview of the title and the first few lines of the message, I like that.

Now gotta find somenoe to talk to ;-)

apparently it only released today so very few will have it so far, I curious how it will compare to skype which has my custom for net calls at the moment. We shall see

Quote:
Originally posted by Kintaro:
Anyone get in on their IPO?
no, did you?

NPM, don't wish mate, make it happen!
Plenty of good ones recently, not as famous but just as if not more successful!

Thread hijak.... get any waves this typhoon?

Thread hijack oked. Took the day off yesterday Indo and surfed Inamura ... Was off the richter! Surfed morning and evening. Am rooted right now.

Anyway, let me know about these "less famous" IPOs that will make me as much money as Google? You may want to PM me.