I'm really into baking bread at the moment, every weekend it's like a bakery here.

The current favorites are sausage bread, potato/onion/bacon with cheese bread, and anko bread. Been making some donuts as well.

The smell when it's baking is just lush!

Making bread is like therapy + it is rewarding with great tasting fresh bread.

I made a rosemary and raisin loaf as well as some muffins (english muffins) which were better than any I have ever bought!! There is just no limit to what you can mix with it!!

Good Luck fellow bakers wave.gif

Chocolate bread is a fave - with big bits in. Never mad muffins though.

I have bread machine but if I have more time sometimes make it in the oven myself.

I'm clever enough to know baking bread is very very dangerous for me. I can't stop eating the bread from the oven...

I'm trying to keep away from bread machine. There are many nice bakeries in Tokyo and I'm having baguette from Hillside Pantry in Daikanyama now. This is very good, I should stop eating baquette and have to make dinner. What's good with this baquette and French Muscadet wine?

I know what you mean slow, they are dangerous machines. If I have a day off doing nothing much I sometimes get some bread going in the oven and very yummy it is too.

Cheesewoman makes some superb bread! In fact only yesterday she spent most of the day baking and cooking. Of course most have cheese in there somewhere. I've got some delicious cheesebread for lunch today.

Viv does make some terrific bread. Her mother used to own a bakery back home and so taught her all the tricks.

Been to Hillside Pantry a few times, you live near there slow?

My swimming pool is in Daikanyama and I get there from my office on foot, from my home by bicycle. I need a swimming pool and good bakery in my neighborhood.

I got a new bread-making machine recently. It's really great - but dangerous! I want to make some every day, but trying to limit myself.

Makes jam, muffins, pizza base and mochi as well (so it says!)

I tried additive-free organic Miot jam. This is good but too expensive. I love Kuhne German Mustards - Whole Grain. I used to use French mustard but this is much better and very good for sandwiches!

• 1 month later...

Those mustards are great, I love those too. Go well with cheese.

Anyway I just wanted to publicly say thanks to cheesewoman for the amazing bread she baked today. It was the best ever. A few selection of cheesebreads and some with absolutely no cheese in them whatsoever (a new thing for us).

Delicious it was. I think she should open up "Cheeseshop".