I back NZ (and naturally the Maori side also) until the day I die....I think its true

when people say there is only ONE real team when people think international rugby..I don't care what people say about the World cup etc (1995 loss was due to food poisoning from the dirty yappies!).NZ is a country obbsessed with rugby.....We just thrashed FIJI 91- 0 (no typo there) Ninety One points to zero..Lions will be like lambs to the slaughter

(couldn't help the reference to sheep there!).

Anyway bring it on for tomorrows game!

Frannyo...no mate Union. Btitish and Irish Lions.

Kiwi`s, congrats but its only juts the start!!! Got to admit that we didn`t seem to threaten mucha t all in the game, defence was strong which was a p@lus but our forwards were too slow clearing over and setting the ball for the backs. Also thought we span it wide way to soon, and should have boshed it up the middle a few more times first. Maori`s did things right despite poor handling by both teams, and cancelled out our lineout well.

Still tests are yet to come, we are just lulling you guys into false sense of security!! Still all to play for!

Does anyone know if u can watch the midweek game on anyform of sat tv available in japan???

Lions need to get stuck in this game, lift the confidence a bit and protect the ball at the breakdown....

lobu - check here for J sports program guide to see

http://www.jsports.co.jp/program_guide/month/english/today.html

I had mixed feelings about the Maori win, was pleased to see them win, but sad to see the Lions lose a game before the test, the aura of the Lions has gone a bit and the anticipation of the first test has lost a bit of spark now they have been defeated, I was kind of hoping the would be in storming form leading up to the first test.

• 2 weeks later...

Only one more sleep top go and then its goodmorning CONTACT! Followed by vegemite and bosh on toast!! \:D Not to sure about our mix up in the team with Wilko at 12 and Lewsy on the wing?? Am hoping its all part of Woodward`s masterplan!! Still tis going to be an EPIC!! Bring it on!! clap.gif clap.gif

The Lions got a conclusive thumping last night in what turned out to be a pretty disapointing non-contest. I'm happy with the result of course but I hope to see more of a competition next week. They've been getting some very harsh write ups in the press. This little snippet from some guy in the New Zealand Herald is the worst I've read so far:

"The gulf in class was best demonstrated early in the second half, when Aaron Mauger brushed off Jonny Wilkinson's girl-power tackle and popped to Tana Umaga." eek.gif

I hope the Lions can come back strong from this, it was a class performance by the All Blacks but they were not overly tested last night at all.

• 2 weeks later...

well 3-0 in the series and the Lions were well and truly outclassed by a rampant ABs team. Reading the BBC rugby forums its interesting to see all the bigotted, one eyed supporters from both sides vent their spleens...Very amusing and worth a read \:\)

Yes Maoriboy - it's good to see the NZers beat the Poms ... er ... Lions. It's alway soooo satisfying seeing them lose, ain't it?!

But I gotta admit, seeing the Wallabies flog the RSA was more of a treat - just relish seeing them goose-step back to their kraals!

I hope the Wallabies follow up at Ellis Park in Jo-Burg and get the Mandela Cup! It would be oh so sweet to beat 'em at altitude and at home!

I am a downhearted broken man!! \:\( Bosh it wasn`t and the Lions were I am sad to say outclassed. Didn`T look like a team all tour and never got our act together. Sir CLive made some woeful choices but at the end of the day the boys in black were on fire. Barmy Army will be returning in far quieter voice than we arrived!

P.S Good to see the old banana kick coming back!! ;\) \:D