I remember watching The Tube, what a 'controversial' programme that was. And some ace performances.

They are releasing a 2 disc dvd of some highlights, I wouldn't mind seeing this one. Sure would bring back a lot of memories.

http://www2.hmv.co.uk/hmvweb/displayProductDetails.do?ctx=285;5;-1;-1&sku=380790

It was a Tyne-Tees production for certain, but I don't think it was on in a club.

I was on the other Tyne-Tees music program "Razzamatazz" once when my school got invited. A kid in my class was on the "Popscotch" game they had. Looking back, it would have been cool to be on with Madness or Adam Ant or even Kajagoogoo, but we got to see The Move, some third-rate electronic new-wavers, and the Techno Twins, who barely scraped the charts their biggest hit, "The Queen of the Rapping Scene", a tune they did with Modern Romance. It was real bottom of the barrel stuff.

From what I remember of The Tube it was pretty "controversial" (for then, it probably looks way tame now), and it was going out at like 5:30pm on a Friday right. Rebellious.

I kinda remember the name Razzamatazz as well but can't quite picture what that one was like. It sounds dreadful though haha.

Paula Yates was a bit scary, what with her tattoo and everything. My parents didn't really like me watching that.

There was some classic performances on there - but a whole great big bunch of crap as well.

I have fonder memories of the Old Grey Whistle Test.

Can't say I remember Razzamatazz. Sounds awful!!

What about the one they seemed to film at Alton Towers. I can't for the life of me think of the name, it was like quiz program with 2 bands on every week. What was that one called?? (It's starting to annoy me now!)

I remember going to Alton Towers when they were filming that. I think Spandau Ballet were there, some new romantic dudes anyway. The girls were really shrieking.