Not cool but difficult to change now as I've been using it with the bank and stuff since I was about 12. Can you just change your signature? Would you have to go into the bank and tell them?

Mine is pretty good, when I started having to sign I "designed" it. Still pretty happy with it. You can't read it of course, just like any good signature. lol.gif

Mine looks like a bunch of reeds poking out of a swamp. Bank personnel say "Is that really your signature...?"

One of these days we won't need signatures. We'll just show some machine our irises (and get flown to Uzbekistan on an unmarked plane to be tortured because some guy in Delhi got the software wrong.)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I was just thinking after I get married (this Wednesday clap.gif ) I will have a new name - then I remembered this thread. I will have a new signature too - now I get to "design" one! Any suggestions? Should I throw a few kanji in there?

confused.gif

Signature : this is one of hard things to figure up for Japanese coz we use "Hanko" for it.

But I create my own one by Romanji not Kanji because kanji for my name are really hard to design for a signature.

On the other hand, kanji for my inn name is easy to design. But I don't think it's cool to put the signature for my inn name on every paper lol... Should create one for my name soon.

Congrats, me jane!

clap.gif

Not 酒爆弾? (I have not come across the kanji 凡歩 are you saying Sakebomb is a 'mediocre skier'? \:D )

By the by, Gamera, do you offer discount to forum member staying at your inn? Is it in Hakuba?

If you change your hanko dont you have to have it re-registered at the yakuba, and at the places where you have your bank account/postal account?

Thats why losing your hanko is such a pain in da @ss...I lost mine my first year in Japan and remember having to go back to all those freaking places - have things changed since then?

Thanks all.

Sorry for hijacking the the signatures thread! Joshnii has made me my very own thread here . Soubriquet, I answered on Joshnii's thread.

I really do need to make a new signature. Any ideas for a cool one? Should I use kanji?