Nothing here in Tokyo yet either \:D The least they could do to make up for the lack of trees is make the buildings change colour at the right times in the different seasons.

kinda surprised to hear fukusima/niigata are not turning yet...

trees are starting to get a tinge here in tukuba...i imagine 2 weeks it will be beautiful here, but was hoping to get a head start this weekend...

beyond fukusima is too far for me...oh well...

danz

Took my mad Australian joy machine up to the top of Tsugaike in Hakkers on the cablecar at the weekend and at the top it's a 'riot of colour'. There are some groovy skeletal white trees up there, so it's quite a sight. Only beginning to turn down at the bottom. The ride down was fast and eventful too...

Off to Kamikochi this weekend to take in the Yari/Hotaka horseshoe. !600m~3190m should take in all the fall colors. The area is fantastic at this time, with the low alpine foilage changing high up.

Does anyone know if this weekend is a Japanese Holiday with Monday off??? Last year I got in some wicked traffic while driving back from Nagano. My pick would be to do some hiking and camping up in the Northern Alps. Hit Tateyama last weekend for the day and it was fantastic.