I was at Joetsu Kokusai today. Busier than I thought it would be, the place is really big but badly planned and the lifts are slow. But it's not the gold course some guy said on the review section - I'll do my own review later.

But lots of the snow was really dirty looking - not with soil (there was enough snow), but with what looked like sand?! My Japanese friend said something about sand coming over from China.....hmmm....

http://www.lookjapan.com/LBst/03FebSTcom.htm

YELLOW sand, which blows over to Japan from arid regions in China's interior every spring, is becoming a major problem in East Asian countries. On March 22 and April 10 this year, a severe dust storm occurred that caused serious environmental damage in China, Korea and Japan. Yellow sand is composed of mineral dust particles that are generated in arid regions of Asia and lifted into the atmosphere by strong winds to create huge dust storms. The prevailing westerlies then carry the dust all the way to Japan.

Quote:
Originally posted by Toque:
On March 22 and April 10 this year, a severe dust storm occurred that caused serious environmental damage in China, Korea and Japan.
O.K. Toque, now you have let out your secret! You come from the future!