A new Setting Journals feature, "Terrain Park", has been put online.

http://www.snowjapan.com/e/features/setting-journals-15.html

"Without fail the start of this white season had some surprises in store. Perhaps the first was the late arrivals of the snow, unprecedented in recent years. The late snows caused the resort to consider weather-based scenario planning at the start of the season for the first time. Just when it got to the point of slashing hotel rates, snows came on and made regular operations possible. In January, two snow boarders ventured out of bounds and were lost overnight. The next day, a dramatic but successful search and rescue operation was carried out. This month, ARAI saw the passing of a legend (more on this a bit later), and presently has only four meters of snow up top compared to the average of six at this time of year.

Resort life is anything but normal....."

http://www.snowjapan.com/e/features/setting-journals-15.html

Please note that the views expressed in any Features on Snow Japan are not necessarily those of Snow Japan.

Discuss it here...

Good top see you built a park but here is my hint.

Dont rotate your features. It is the cause of many crashes. Just work with what you have got and keep them nice and smooth. I like to get to know the jump so that I can slowly push it a bit more. I will cost less also. in the summer build the land up where the jumps will go and you wont need to do half of the work.

not impressed with ARAI....

I thought the terrain park wasnt all that...transitions on some of the kickers were really wierd, and the landings all were too flat...

the whole vibe at that mountain was really strange...didnt dig it at all...

danz

Danz had an epic pipe day today met a cool guy and we pumped it up big alley oops and Front side 540s best Ive skied all year.

Arai listen up go to 47 happo and gifu and check there set ups. hire their guys for next year now trust me these guys want to work into april not stop in march cause the resorts close.

Hello

Thank you very much to all of you for contributing to the thread.

Fattwins - appreciate the hint about not rotating the features. I also like what you said about building up the land in the summer and will keep an eye out to see if it is done or not.

Ocean11 - that is quite a photo you posted. Is it you on that bike?

xxx - yes I am listening

danz - thanks for coming to ARAI and checking it out for yourself.

Blair, that's an intrepid Japanese guy jumping with a mountainboard, not a bike.

If you had some not-too-steep lift-serviced grassy terrain near your earthern lobstacles, you may be able to get a regular contingent of mountainboarders and grass skiers at the weekend.

Although I rather doubt if they would represent Arai's main target segment. ;\)

• 4 weeks later...