New York & Washington attack?

This is not a joke.

Anyone not watching tv, do so now. seems 2 planes have crashed into the World trade center buildings in NY - with an almost 100% change of terrorism. frightening stuff........go to cnn.com or other news sites for more on this.

yeah, but while we all agree this is horrendous stuff, lets hope that this just doesnt encourage the US to flex its muscles and be macho in defending their "great nation" and their "greatest country on earth" as they always seem to like to refer themselves to for some sorry reason.

this could turn into something extremely dangerous for the whole world (yes I know it is now, but much much more than that). ted

Ted, if the terrorists are willing to do what they did in the US, it means they are willing to do it anywhere in the world. Not just a US problem. Although I agree that a World War is not the answer, what do you expect the response to be? Nothing? Why don't you offer a solution instead of just questions! It's easy being a critic isn't it, a little more difficult when you are in the arena making decisions that affect the world.

aaron

you seem to have missed my point. yes I know it is a world problem and could happen anywhere. what do I expect the response to be??

certainly not bombing a country that does also have innocent-potential-victims, provoking people in the area thereby increasing hatred for the US and other countries, and generally rushing in in response to peoples understandable sense of grief and anger as there seems to be a danger of.

i am not saying i know the answer - far from it - but i think that the macho response is not the correct one and potentially very very dangerous for everyone.

ted, i absolutely agree with you!

i think there are also some reasons why it happends now and why they hit the usa and not another country!

(if you are a little intrested in world politics you know what i mean)

against who should the usa fight?? just afghanistan? just the talibans? or the whole islam? (that would be almost the same scenario we had allready 50 years ago)

what would happen if the usa start to bomb afghanistan?

have you thought about that "they" also have atomic bombs?

or what happends the last few months after a military offence from israel against the palestians?

do you think somethig would be diffrent when the offence against the terrorists would be from the us?

i know, my questions are not nice if you think about the thousands of deaths after the attak.

but if you answer them honestly and if you think about it, you must agree that a war never could be the solution!

hey people wake up!

just start thinking a little bit more global!

• 9 years later...
Quote:
against who should the usa fight?? just afghanistan? just the talibans? or the whole islam? (that would be almost the same scenario we had allready 50 years ago)

I wasn't aware that the US already waged a war against (and presumably won) Islam 50 years ago wink