• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mold isn't too far from Wigan, so that's my claim to fame.

Tubby knows some people from Mold.

grungy-gonads has been.

And as I noted in the Chatbox, Jonny Buckland from Coldplay is from a nearby village.

It's near Chester, and Mickey Owen is from Chester.

And Gary Barlow from Take That is from Frodsham, which is also sort of near Chester. But nearer to Runcorn, where they have a fab skijo.

As I also noted in the Chatbox, it is not known if our heroes Shakey or Shinzo Abe have visited Mold.

Mold

Mold (‘Yr Wyddgrug’) is a bustling market town and the centre of various activities designed to preserve a lifestyle that goes back centuries. Daniel Owen (1836-1895), a most prominent novelist in the Welsh Language, was native to Mold. The town is an ideal centre for short-stay holidays offering visitors touring, mountain walks in the Clwydian Range and a variety of entertainment. The town boasts open-air street markets on Wednesdays and Saturdays. Mold is famous for its contribution to Welsh culture and this continues today Theatr Clwyd a provincial theatre with a national reputation. The Theatre also hosts the Mold Carnival in June.

Loggerheads, three miles away is an area of outstanding natural beauty. Since its development by Clwyd County Council as a combined Country Park and Visitor Centre it has become a major tourist attraction. Nearby, Moel Fammau, the highest peak in the Clwydian Range (1,820 feet) gives stunning views of six counties from the viewing point on the summit. The wooden paths of the Leete, between Loggerheads and Rhydymwyn, provided inspiration for the composer Mendelssohn.

Wiki gives us more 'notable people'

• Jonny Buckland, guitarist for Coldplay hails from Pantymwyn (a village two miles from Mold) and attended the Alun School.
  • Ron Hughes, a former professional footballer who enjoyed a long career with Chester City F.C. and played for and managed Mold Alexandra F.C., was born in Mold.
  • Rhys Ifan, actor who appeared in the films Notting Hill, The 51st State and Kevin & Perry Go Large, attended Mold's Welsh-speaking high school, Maes Garmon.
  • Rhodri Meilir, actor, was born in the town.
  • Daniel Owen, Welsh language novelist.
  • Adam Walton, BBC Radio Wales DJ, attended the Alun School and comes from the nearby village of Nannerch.
  • Richard Wilson, a Welsh landscape painter, and one of the founder members of the Royal Academy, settled in Mold in 1781. He is buried in the grounds of St Mary's Church.
  • The Joy Formidable, alternative rock band, were formed in Mold.
  • Raymond Davies Hughen, Nazi collaborator and Welsh language broadcaster, was from Mold.

On researching this fascinating place, I found this on interwebs. So it must be true.

The Worst Things

• Dan the builder drinks in the fryn
  • the most small and narrow minded council and police force you could possibly have,between them they have caused pubs to shut because they stand people enjoying themselves most ov the councilors are church going do gooders well past their sell by date most ov em are old but wont giv an inch for the new getting a nightclub is a big no no although it would bring good business into the town all the factories lying empty cause they price busineses out if all the empty factories were open and running at full capacity it could create more than 300+jobs another good boost for the town the council dont wont that maybe plenty of jobs and a nightclub=plenty of revellers=increased revenue but those timex watch pieces dont live in a digital age if you know what i mean and lets not forget the mold police who would rather nick motorists and weekend revelers for very minor offences than house burglars none other than c.b.m pc anthony(wyatt earp)butlin the biggest tosser in mold bar none .
  • Flintshire Youth Justice Service........bunch of wankers especially the alcohol worker.....thick slag
  • the lack of good resturants
  • my girlfriend and parents live here....im bored of chester
  • Library SUCKS BIG TIME
  • Queing for a bus as you get started on about 7 times by all the scals!and the little five year old who tried to stab me with a plastic fork and shouted 'Goff' at me. The scallies who always seem to have there caps pointing to the sky in mold.
  • The Nightlife
  • North Wales traffic police and their idiot boss, who keep getting me for speeding on empty straight roads. Why can't they spend the money on cleaning up Mold instead?! (Mind you, credit where it's due, it's got a lot better recently with all the cameras up everywhere and cops on the beat.) Not enough bloody taxis in the town... you've got to book at 2pm to get a taxi for a weekend night.
  • leaving mold to go home to isa (a wank little village)
  • hardly any decent looking women
  • The way that people who were educated at Maes Garmon (a Welsh formula school) hold this 'holier than though' stance against non-welsh speakers. It was the english government's fault that lots of people turned out not speaking the native tongue. Once an area in a Celtic country gets heavy industry in the area, the local language will be cut out. Wales will never gain any ground for independence when it's people are divided by snobbery. You EVEN get Welsh speaking families who worship the royal family for god's sake! It's what's in your blood at the end of the day...hwyl!!
  • everybody knows each other
  • all the overpriced/bland beers.idiots.
  • scallies
  • Coming back and seeing all the scallies (though im in liverpool uni, which is just as bad!)
  • the monopoly on the pub prices.
  • Mold Scallies
  • There are three different types of people in mold GOTHS, SKATERS and of course SCCAAAAALIES. these people are easy to notice if they have south park socks rolled over ADIDAS running pants or wear school shoes in sports wear (Rockport shoes prefrably)and wish they were liverpudlian. You guesed it their SCALIES HOT SPOTS: bus stop, HSBC, working on the market or walking round robbing money and offering to sell you weed KNOWN SCALLIES: Ryan Bevan (just out of prison), Richard Wolf and many many more. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- THE REST OF THE GROUPS IN MOLD ARE FINE AND THERES HARDLY EVER TROUBLE SO WHY ARE SCALIES SUCH WANKERS (i mean cant they just leave)
  • All the scalies, driving round in their renault 5's and nova's, trying to pull underage womn and smokin biftas. yeah la, f**kin biftas la, mint!
  • Got to Get a bus to go anywhere interesting. No Cinema for miles.
  • Mold gits - tacky slappers who hang around the high street and think they're really cool. They're not. They're totally sad.
  • Scallies, shops, attitudes.
  • Coming back

I'm less inclined to go now that I know the library SUCKS BIG TIME.

Not too keen on the sound of those Mold gits and tacky slapprs either.

Now that I know these things, I think it's less likely that Shakey and/or Shinzo Abe have visited. Or indeed would want to.