Snow Town, Kyocera (Osaka) Dome, buy gear in Kansai

I couldn't find anything about it already, and after struggling to find an answer for a good place to get gear in Osaka/Kansai, thought this might be helpful to those based in the area.

I visited JSBC Snow Town on the weekend and was very impressed with what I found. They only open from November 20, 2010 to February 27, 2011. 3-10pm Mon-Sat, 12-6pm Sunday/Holidays. It's at Kyocera (Osaka) Dome, which is pretty easy to get to on the subway - about 10-15 mins from Shinsaibashi.

They mainly stock snowboard and skate gear - not too much for skiiers that I noticed, but then I wasn't looking. They have snow wear, accessories, as well as boards, boots, bindings. But perhaps best of all they sell discount lift tickets. Some awesome bargains to be had, although they don't have all resorts (like Happo for example) and they are already running out of stock (I think Tsugaike was one of those sold out). They also have various discount coupons you can take for free

I managed to get boots in my 29.5cm size - there were about 4 brands/models to choose from in that size, and one I saw size 30. Obviously many other brands/models in smaller sizes.

There's not what I'd call a MASSIVE selection, but it's by far the biggest I've seen. And there are bargains. I got an Avalanche board for 4000 yen. Jacket, pants, boots and bindings can be had for 10,000 yen a piece. My girlfriend got Burton boots and bindings and a K2 board for about 50,000 yen.

Also was my first visit to Osaka Dome and it's so cool! Riding the glass elevator is like ascending into an alien mother-ship.

So, Let's Enjoy Snow Town.

PS I'm not affiliated with it in any way.

All the dude had to say was I've found a shop with big sized boots.

If you're on a budget, keep your eyes open for discount lift ticket coupons though at all gear shops, as well convenis near the slopes. Sometimes, parking areas on the highway have them too. You can often get yourself the proverbial "free lunch".

• SnowJapan Admin

Actually, I am willing to give Mr Hirakata the benefit of the doubt here looking at the info I have here.... it might sound a bit promotional-like, but I think he is genuinely just trying to help pass on a find.

friend

[ You're all way too strict wink ]

Originally Posted By: Mr Wiggles
All the dude had to say was I've found a shop with big sized boots.

If you're on a budget, keep your eyes open for discount lift ticket coupons though at all gear shops, as well convenis near the slopes. Sometimes, parking areas on the highway have them too. You can often get yourself the proverbial "free lunch".

yeah, the 7-11's near some resorts will have discount lift tickets that often include lunch thumbsup
  • 2 months later...

Yah, it's not spam - just desperately needed some gear and still can't find anything else around Kansai except Sportaka which I think is really expensive. Just wanted to help out anyone else looking for gear in Kansai.

I since found a sports superstore that had pretty good selection and prices near Neyagawashi (on the Keihan Line) somewhere, but was out on my bike and don't know exactly where it is, sorry.

Thanks for backing me up David.

Sorry it sounded like an ad.