The 'It just cracks me up' thread

Speaking of daft-I've had people complain to me about the size of meals they receive in restaurants overseas. Apparently they're too big which I suppose is understandable when you're only used to getting 3 chips, but I don't rate it as something to whine about.

Oh I dunno about that. Some of the great mounds of food I've had in the States look pretty revolting, especially when the sauce coagulates before you can scarf it all down (not that I would want to try.) I'm quite a big eater, but the portions of pasta or icecream that come border on the obscene. I hate to see all the waste that's involved.

The three chips are because you get that nasty looking china plate of rice ain't it? I say light on the rice, heavy on the chips, but that sort of flexibility isn't built into chain restaurants. (I remember the applause from the kitchen - led by me probably - when our manager at Pizza Hut told some yuppy lady to f@ck off when she insisted on having corn on her pizza. Odd when you think of it. I mean, throwing some corn on a pizza isn't really a hard thing to do.)

Gee, what's karaoke then?

Of course I've heard of karaoke, but does that explain why we need lyrics at the bottom of the screen for every song on every music program.

I suppose the answer is yes.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...