Christmas a week away and due to one friend following his heart (dick) and another pulling the short straw and having to work Ive got a spare (8-10 pound 29x20x15cm approx) turkey. Odd I know.

We got it from the foreign buyers club for 3360 and its yours for that. If you live anywhere in the northern Nagano region we could arrange a drop off. Im going to be at Nozawa and Hakuba this weekend so either of those and the bird is yours!

let me know zwelgen@hotmail.com

gobble gobble gobble

good god, you managed to find a animal in Japan that has not been sliced into little bits thus rendering useless for roasting!! I must suss out this FBC.

I am half tempted to pick the bird up myself and tuck it under my arm as I pass thru nagers tomorrow.

I still need to travel half of Tokyo to find one measly whole un-cooked chicken.

Imagine a roast leg of pork, with crackling and apple sauce...

...oh my god. help......

roast lamb? no way. a proper christmas dinner is identical to Thanksgiving- turkey, stuffing, cranberry sauce, pumpkin pie. the only thing missing is collards- but i think i've found some nozawa greens prepared in a similar way.

yeah too right aussie christmas is different every famliy has a tradition, in my household, its a HUGE Leg of fresh ham.... Prawns... Fried Rice... Potato salad... bbq chicken... garden salads... BON BONS, crete paper hats, $1 scratchies! YAY!

only a few days left to go! till SANTA COMES!

At "Family Xmas Dinner" this year, we have a chef living at the residence, so we have something like 2kg 50-75 prawns, 4kg chicken breasts, 4kg fillet of beef, 1 dozen 1L bottles champagne (sorry, "sparkling NV wine"), 1 dozen Alacante Bouche, 1 dozen Boujelaise (sorry "short vintage, soft red style wine").

Gonna be an early start to get through all of that \:\)

Hey you Aussie guys forgot the most important Xmas item of all...BEER, BEER and more BEER!!

Have a Merry Xmas!..p.s dont know if you guys have heard over there in J land, but all Aussies have been advised to get the hell outta Bali before Xmas...government expecting major terrorism activity against Aussies in Bali! So much for World peace!

Why cant all terrorists ride camels so we could see them coming!

xmas feast for me will be the tonkatsu o-bento from under my office block eaten at my desk accompanied by the flashing colours on my computer screens and the merry jingling of my phone.