I'm looking for a way to ship my skis from Japan back to the states and was wondering if anyone has ever used the SporTube cases before. These are the only ones I could find online and the biggest one will only accomodate 2 pairs of regular skis. I need to ship 3 pairs, but thought if I took the bindings off, I may be able to squeeze them all in.

I've gotten such great deals on skis out here in Japan that I don't want to just leave them behind or sell them for peanuts. I'd rather take them back with me and avoid paying 500 to 700 bucks for one brand new setup.

Any advice would be appreciated. I'm looking at sending them through US Post (I think they meet the size requirements). I've already got a surfboard I need to hand carry back with me.

Mine isn't hard however it is padded pretty well. I have the Dakine Dually. It has wheels \:D

It could fit 3 pairs of skis.

But I was able to bring a couple bottles of whisky home without breaking them so its pretty good.

Thanks Toque - I'll look that up. I can get all kinds of DaKine stuff at a great discount. I wasn't aware that they sold ski cases though. I guess they're getting their fingers in a little bit of everything these days.

• 2 months later...

Plucky if your just carrying it back then any old ski bag will do. I doubt they will get damaged. If you have aquired tons of stuff to send back check one of the shippers that ship but crate size. stuff the crate and you will be fine. check place like the time out or regular gaijin work or personal mags in english.