A couple of weeks ago I took my friends to Appi to ski. I was approached by a lovely young lady that looked Japanese. When she opened her mouth and started talking, I was blown away! An Irish-Japanese girl with the best accent ever! She was trying to sell an extra lift ticket she had. I just couldn't refuse and bought it from her.

Also, when I moved to Japan over a year ago, I was carrying a 9' longboard case that I had to get from the international terminal to the domestic terminal at Haneda. None of the cabs would take me so I was relegated to schlepping the thing over 1km myself with all of my other baggage. This girl I had seen in Honolulu whom I figured was Japanese came over and asked me in perfect English if I needed help. She too had an Irish accent (and was very cute)!

I have to find me one of these girls where I'm at. I literally stop in my tracks when I hear them talk. It doesn't matter to me - Scottish, Irish, Welsh - It's all good \:\)

• 2 weeks later...

Mmmmm, love all the Gaelic accents.

My ex was Irish/Australian and had a slight lilt, until she spoke to her cousin and it came out.

I have the remains of a scottish accent, but it comes out if I tralk to another Scot, or if I go home.

Irish, Scots, Welsh it's all good, but hter are differences once you know what to listen for.