Big fan! I find the well-mannered Yao Ming is a refreshing addition to the NBA. I'm not against the Allen Iverson's of the NBA...his/their work ethics and abilities speak for themselves but..kid's need role-models. I also think Kobe Bryant is the M. Jordan of our time. Who's better?

Oh, and if any of you Sky/Perfect users out their are considering the NBA season pass let me warn you that the games aren't live and they are only on twice a day...usually late at night. Also, you don't get the All-Star game or slam dunk contest, etc. I bought it 2 years ago and was very dissapointed.

I used to follow the NBA back when it was interesting (until about 5 years ago). It has really fallen off though. It is almost impossible to like the players these days. Yeah it is fun to watch some of these guys but there are so many thugs and such big egos it just takes away from it all.

But I love to play. There isn't much better than getting together with 7 buddies for a good game in the park or local school.

...actually getting together with 7 or 9 buddies for a game of pickup football is better.

I love hoopin' 'n' ballin' and still find the NBA interesting enough to watch (in spite of all of the big egos and boring iso offenses).

US college hoops is far more appealing, but can't see much of it here in Japan. " title="" src="graemlins/cry.gif" />

the march madness college tournament is always fun to watch.

i love it when the 76ers do well. it was so great living in philly when they won the eastern conference two years ago.

Quote:
Originally posted by Fattwins:
The egos suck. Ender you hit on a good point. I miss my big free parks, soccer grounds, tennis courts, baseball diamounds and them ponds for hockey eh.
yeh i was asking my mom about this yesterday, wondering if there were any free soccer fields, basketball courts near our house in tokyo.
living at school ive always had access to a soccer field to kick around a ball, or a court to shoot basketball. and in canada there are fields that you can go to, and courts. but it seems tokyo is somewhat lacking this types of places.

I'm gonna second what Ender said. Used to be a big b-ball fan, but just lost interest in the last few years. I still like to watch the playoffs though. What kind of following Does b-ball have, if any, outside the states?

It gets very little to no aritime over here. It's a pain because i still enjoy watching it. We will get the odd game on pay tv. But not very often. About 5 years ago there was a weekly show on the NBA but it got cut for some reason. The NBA doesn't have as big a following as it used to.