Saddams sons - something to celebrate?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"colonial" invaders, that's a bit harsh, tyranical imperialists maybe, but "colonial? never!

But seriously, none of the occupants had to fight back, they did and they died. They paid their money and they took their chances.

To pick up an earlier theme on this thread, when does the use of force become justified? Or to put it another way, how many people have to die before those who are able, are morally forced to act and yes, if need be, risk the lives of innocents in removing a greater threat?

"rhetorical eyewash." - I'm sorry, but I don't actually know what this is. Is it a good thing?

As hard as they are, here are a couple of facts; Iraq is better off without Saddam, the middle east is better off without Saddam and so are the Iraqi people. It is a pity we had to be fed a whole lot of crap from the US/UK and even Aust before the US felt it could justify an attack on Iraq and despite its cynical self serving motives, Iraq and its people are better for it. It is very unfortunate that civilians died, but that is reality, nothing else was going to remove Saddam.

I suppose Ocean you would prefer that the US not have invaded Afghanistan either, afterall, isn't that just another example of US colonialism?

Weegeoff - Me watching my own news? Better than you pulling it out of your magic hat. A quick websearch will reveal . . . ta da . . .

On March 24, 1999, NATO launched an attack on Yugoslavia, making good on a long-standing threat to strike if Serbs refused to sign a peace plan for Kosovo. The assault included air- and sea-launched cruise missiles and bombing runs by American, German and French aircraft.

And for the record, I never supported the US invasion of Iraq. I think the whole thing sucks. Dead 14 year-old kids included. As this kid was killed in a raid, he was probably just trying to protect himself.