Maybe not the best way to introduce myself and post my first message - but >>

I've spend a night in a police cell after a pub brawl a couple of years back on the streets of Glasgow. I got caught up in a fight (over females of course).

"Not my fault guv, honest". Really, I just got caught up in a fight and got dumped for the night to cool off.

Does that count?

from some newspaper:

"A Melbourne man wanting to avoid a jail term agreed today to pay more than $70,000 in traffic fines, mostly accumulated while using the CityLink tollway.

Joseph Nabil Abdelshahid, 24, of Rowville, appeared in Dandenong Magistrates Court to answer 295 penalty enforcement notices, 221 of which involved tollway charges he failed to pay under the automatic payment system.

He was facing 848 days in jail over non-payment of fines totalling $70,597.

Counsel Abi Furstenberg said Mr Abdelshahid was prepared to pay $15,000 today, $15,000 in 60 days time and the remainder in instalments of $400 a month.

His lawyer said the unpaid fines will take him about eight years to repay."

I regretfully admitt to having spent a night in an American jail \:\( My buddies and I got arrested for public intox after a day of surfing we had a few beers on a beach where drinking was forbiden. I guess the police wanted to make a statement?? I still don't know and was never asked to pay a fine. Just a night in jail. I met some pretty cool guys in there. The white cops had a lot of attitude..

Oh, and they really do take your shoe laces!