It seems the inevitable has finally happened to Roy of the famous duo Siegfried and Roy. Its a fine line when dealing with powerful predators like tigers, one slip and the consequences are huge.

Poor chap, hope he recovers and they let the poor tiger live.

I saw that, poor man. They said that even if you bring up a tiger in a tame human environment, as soon as they get to about 5 years old, the predator in them comes alive and they become the wild beasts we know them to be ;\)

Didn't Matt Groening predict this in a Simpons episode a while back.

I think it went a little like this.

The White Tiger was on a Unicycle while Juggling and then thought back to its Jungle days when it was captured. That is when it snapped and well thats what happened.

Thats right ILiveToSki. It was only a matter of time until one of therm got attacked. Personally I don't have a hell of a lot of sympathy for Roy, but I do hope he recovers.

Tigers belong in the wild, where they can feed their predatory instincts properly.

Well the Roy dude himself seems to have some perspective, or at least an unhealthy obsession with Tigers, as he was quoted as saying "Don't kill [the tiger]" after he was carted away.

If you play with fire . . .