as for beating sapp, i can agree. sapps powerful, no doubt but he weak ribs and knees! however, sapp has beaten hoost twice.

how do ya rekon tyson would do with fighters like le banner, mark hunt or ray sefo, or even mirco cro cop? mirco cro cops knock out of sapp was a classic!

Cop lacks any semblence of fear (must be his exceedingly violent past), hence is able to control the fight. I think he could take Tyson, but always hard to really tell when you mix yer disciplines.

Cops Sapp takedown was classic. The 'dance like a butterfly, sting like a bee' most definitely applies to him. He's incredibly fast and agile for such a big guy. Made Sapp look like a right pussy...

Kyukushin, no head punches... turns into little more than a test of stamina. Xenophobic tendencies found in more traditional Karate contests turns me off a bit too.

Any fighting with rules is going to have good points and bad points. In reality, most one-on-one fights w/ no rules end up on the floor, and lord can that be tedious to watch... (Gracie bores his opponent into submission). Only kidding, love the guy \:\)

To be honest though, it's somewhat perverted to watch two guys trying desperately to hurt each other in what would otherwise be considered criminal behaviour... ;\)

I don't really like where K1 has been going recently. I hate pro wrestling and feel that its becoming abit staged.

How does Hoost ( I'm mr. 4 times LUCKY) get eliminated by Sapp in the semi's last year only to get given another chance in the finals, then again to be eliminated again by Sapp? Then he gets another lucky break when Sapp injured his hand and couldn't go on. ( they by the way had a reserve fighters match?????? what for) then unluckily Sefo and Banner injure them selves when fighting Hoost and he becomes the champion again?

Sapp is only a one fight, fighter, his lack of skill and technique is why he always injures himself ( not to say that he's not powerful!)

But now with the further inclusion of Tyson, & now Botha ( heavyweight boxers) and all the other styles makes for pretty uninteresting and un skilled fights.

banner is now out for 2003 with another injury to him arm, so it's up to Ray sefo to bring it home!

agree with most of whats been said. cant say i know Kyokushin Karate but if its true with there being no head punches then i cant see me being that interested in it. i find K1 the best and since coming here watched every one (thank you sky perfect). the pride fights bore me even though u can kick 'em when theyre down. its all that hugging on the floor.

anyone see sapps loss to antonio rodorigo nogueira. classic of how size isnt everything!

saturday, u watching this? http://www.k-1gp.net/top548.htm

watching with bells on! the boys at the dojo always get a good beating after a good K1 match!

for your referance K1 bible has been on every night this week from 7pm-9pm. top fighters flashbacks to fights this year.

Hoost is out of the tournament by the way. if you look on the Japanese K1 site you will see the report there. not on the E site yet.

GO RAY!

2 guys got disqualified tonight. That's too bad and too dangerous. They don't know the rule?? mad.gif

Sapp is disgusting. I think he is just stupid and not strong enough for K-1. I feel sorry for the audience in Osaka tonight. They wasted a lot of money.

Only Filho is Karate guy now. He gave up K-1 for the Kyokushin Karate championship 4years ago, so I really hope he comes back to the champion!! He lost tonight, though... " title="" src="graemlins/cry.gif" />

See, I'm still watching K-1 when I find old faces.

Slow, I think that you will find that Filho didn't retire but he was out due to injury. ( correct me if i am wrong?) Yes he is a "true" Karate guy, but what is true karate? Everyone has a different veiw of what that is. Most of the guys now are coming from Seido-kan in Japan and many think that Seido is the real karate. probably because kakuda comes from that???

Yes last night was a bit disappointing.

Ray won, wanted to continue but wouldn't have progressed if he did.

Botha did it all wrong. If he had won in a clean manner he may have won the respect of Japanese fans and could have made alot of cash! loser!

Sapp also probably lost a heap of respect with that stupid illegal blow after remy was down. If i had stocks in him i would have sold them straight after the fight!

Good to see bernard lose. Too many has beens. Aerts never gets hard fights and once again he will head to Tokyo dome and get knocked out in the first match.

But maybe we will see banner or Hoost in at tokyo. If anyone is injured i am sure that they will be on the fight card.

3 fights stopped for stupid mistakes.

The Guy fighting sapp knew it was better to go down then get wrapped up, he was going down too much but thats his style. Sapp needs stamina.

I think he has done alot for k1. He is tring to make it bigger by bringing color to the sport. He treats people outsicde of the sport with respect and kids love him.

Filho looked pretty bad in that ring he did have the chance to kick the legs out of the guy but got too tired. The worst guy was the first big american dude 2 low blows and an elbow. You knew the judges were going to throw him out on his ass but he does have a future in the sport I think.

Tyson doesnt belong in k1 it does nothing forhe sport.

LAst night was disapointing to say the least.

Quote:
Originally posted by Fattwins:
The worst guy was the first big american dude 2 low blows and an elbow. You knew the judges were going to throw him out on his ass but he does have a future in the sport I think.

Tyson doesnt belong in k1 it does nothing forhe sport.

LAst night was disapointing to say the least.
Carter Williams is the American dude. At only 23 he has a big future. He looks like he's been on the gear though!

None of you pale worms has seen real fighting until you've witnessed a Grinch, a true green meanie, work his magic in the square (sorry, we Grinches call things as we see them: it's not round, so I will not say "ring").

Do you fancy having a go at the likes of ME? I could open an XL can of whoop-ass on your soft pink human form.

The Mr. Grinch for K1 champion! I'll come down the chimney and take it all...not just the belt, but Norika-chan and Eriko Sato too!

029.gif

Really disapointed. what happened last night was terrible for the sport.

firstly, what a n*b bob is. i mean, wasnt he watching the fight before that? i hope hes disgraced and loses all his appeal. i feel sorry for bonjansky cause he would have won, and it would have been a great victory for him.

however, saying that id really like to see botha again. hes a good fighter (a little rough however) and would have beeten that french runt hands down with a little more dicipline. im sure we'll c him again!

filhos past his prime. didnt impress me at all last night and was uninteresting!

i disagree about carter williams. he impressed last night and could have taken sefo i rekon. ill b looking for him next time!

anyway, it all means that there'll be a rather crap final in december. none of the fighters i wanted to see there made it. - prediction: one of the finalists is gonna get injured and a place'll be given to Sapp (cause WE all love him dont we)!!!

I think that if injury occurs we will see Banner in before Sapp. But who knows?

Carter would have beaten Sefo last night if he had kept going on. Its not easy to connect and dodge punches & kicks with only one eye! But I am glad it went the way it did for Sefo.

Botha would be good to see in a Superfight but I think they should keep the GP for actual Karate background guys. If he is as good as he thinks he is why isn't he the heavyweight champ anymore?