http://edition.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/asiapcf/southeast/11/15/singapore.sex.reut/index.html

I've heard so many "Singapore - it's mad" stories over the years and always wondered if it is true. Found the above one today - says that prostitution is legal, but oral sex isn't?!

Anyone with much Singapore experience who can tell us whether it is indeed mad. Or not.

Once there on biz, ate at Jumbos (great chilli and pepper crab joint), jumped in a taxi with a buddy and, not knowing the town at all, asked to be taken to a bar. The driver took us to some place called Orchard Towers, told us to go to any of the first 4 floors. We did. Within 5 minutes of being in the place my mate and I thought we were the most popular guys on Earth. Every second girl wanted to talk to us. Within 30 minutes we had worked it out.

The next day we learnt that we were at the infamous "4 floors of whores". I have never seen so many 'single' women in one place at one time in my entire life.

My buddy, being greedy, took 4 home with him. Yes, 4. I, having a GF at the time retired to my hotel room alone. I would have done the same had I been single.

The next day I saw a (guessing) 7 year old girl squat and take a pee on the foot path in the middle of the biz district.