I got SSX3 on PS2 for an early chrissy pressie from my lady.

I gotta say its blows the other SSX's out of the water! Sick sick game. Absolutely dig it.

But I am looking forward to trying out Amped 2.

SSX3 is nice and easy to step into if you have played any of the others.

I will state preemtively that ender will strongly disagree with me on this one, but don't listen to his lunatic raving...

SSX 3 blows Amped 2 away. No question. Yea Amped 2 "is so much more realistic," blah blah blah. SSX3 isn't as realistic, but the gameplay is just so much more fun. Amped is way too stiff for my taste. I havent really dug into the Amped career mode, but the SSX3 career mode is awesome. In any event... Amped 2 is more or less the same as the 1st one.

Quote:
Originally posted by MistaSparkle*:
I will state preemtively that ender will strongly disagree with me on this one, but don't listen to his lunatic raving...

I can listen to no more of his lunacy, he doesn't stop evaluating one against the other. He likes Amped 'cause he gets to pick what colour beanie he wears.

Know what I mean?

MisterS,

Just wondering if your version of SSX3 (and your xbox) is japanese. I was looking to by a PS2 and SSX3 in a couple of weeks but I was wondering how much japanese is in the game. Still play it alright with no Kanji skills?

Thanks mate.

I have a moded japanese Xbox with the american version of SSX 3, so I'm note sure. Either way, even if all of the menus were in japanese, you could probably get through the entire career mode without having to understand any japanese.

Dims: I've played PSX versions of SSX with kanji with no real problem. You can figure out most of the stuff pretty intuitively, even if you're all ferno'd up.

Amped 1 in Japanese was a little bit difficult at first, but you get the hang of that soon enough too.

Thanks boys,

I'm all ferno'd up to buy it and play the arse off it then. Just have to get that combustion ratio right, or I'll have .db. to deal with ;\)

How about a SSX3 session then MistaSparkle, sometime soon? I'll bring the cheese. You can kick our asses all over the mountain.

I think Amped 2 is better than SSX3 because you can change beanies. Right now I am sporting a tie-dye bandeezy. shakingrin.gif

I had more fun with SSX Tricky than the first Amped. I think the new SSX is overly complicated. I'm not saying it isn't a good game. But during the limited amount I have played it, it hasn't grabbed me the same way Tricky did.

On the other hand, I think Amped 2 is a much improved version of Amped. They took an already winning formula and made it better, leaving the best parts unchanged.

Favorite Snowboarding games on Xbox:

SSX Tricky

Amped 2

Amped

SSX 3

All are great games though, but if I had to buy them I would most likely do it in this order.

Dims - SSX 3 in Japanese would be more complicated than SSX Tricky in Jp. There is more story and different challeges. You could probably figure it out though.

I think SSX3 is better than the other Trickys because it is just so much tighter and has that amazig 'all mountain' thing where they have tied all the runs together into one big run. It makes it so much more realistic, which is an important part of a game for me (that it is immersible).

Also, theres more bells and whistles like more customisation, and the really well put together 'Radio Big' station. Its a shame you cant play your mp3s though like in Grand Theft Auto...

I know its definatley PS2. I've only played it once pretty quickly and that was a while ago so I can't really comment on it. I have heard pretty good things about it before as well.

Bobby I really like the linking thing as well. Nice addition i think. Graphics are much better as well.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not a snowboarder, but have been playing SSx3 on PS2 the last few days. It is really excellent, makes me want to snowboard. It took quite a while to realise how big it all is. Good stuff.