why XBOX kicks PS2 and Gamecube ass

I knew it was better but I didnt realise it was THIS much better!

SPECS

XBOX

PlayStation

GameCube

CPU

MHz

MHz

MHz

Graphics

Processor

MHz

custom-designed

X-Chip,

developed

by

Microsoft

and

nVidia

MHz

Sony

GS

162MHz

ATI

RAM

MB

MB

MB

Memory

Bandwidth

GB/sec

GB/sec

GB/sec

Polygon

Performance

M/sec

M/sec

6-12

M/sec

Simultaneous

Textures

???

Microsoft totally missed the mark with the Japanese market. From the start, if they really understood the game industry, they would have been courting japanese developers and sucked up more exclusives. The only big Japanese launch titles they had were, I think, Dead or Alive 3, and Jet Grind Radio 2. Neither of those games were big titles here. They should have had a whole bunch of RPGs lined up, and way more "cute" games. Aside from software, the console itself physically is a monstrosity by any standard. Living space being a precious commodity in Japan, the size of a console is a big factor (no joke, I needed to move some furniture around to fit an xbox in my apartment!) Both the cube, and the ps2 have super small footprints. If microsoft does a 2nd edition xbox redesigned to be smaller, with good RPGs, at a super competitive price, they might have an opportunity to make a small comeback in Japan.

I think M$ should have spent its advertising budget on giving out free consoles or reducing the price drastically. They spent so much on advertising but it did them no good.

Japan is all about group culture, being a sheep and following the crowd, so obviously people are gonna stick the old favourite the PS2. to break that they needed to get xboxs into circulation by methods given above.