What to do with leftover soba? You've always wanted to know.

Well - my friend gave me some leftover soba that had been tempura-ised. Deep fried soba. Turns into a fantastic tasty crunchy snack. Highly recommended.

reminds of when I first arrived in japan and started cooking the local fodder at home. Got into perfecting tempura (failed) and always had heaps left over. I would take it to work with rice and the microwave it for lunch the next day. Holy cow, you should have seen the face of the Japanese people wqhen I re-heated tempura the day after cooking it. I may as well defecated in teh corner of the office.

Yes, I understand that tempura has to be mnega-fressh just cooked and eaten. An sure, next day tempura is soggy and very average, but it wasn't worthy of the fuss they made. In the end I stopped bringing in my home made pre-cooked lunch as they just did not like it when I did, even if it wasn't tempura.

Karnidge, did they make it all salty? Our local soba shop does that for you if you have leftovers, charge 100 yen they do. Within a few minites come out with a great little crunchy snack covered in salt. Yum. \:D