I read an interview with REM in Q Magazine last night, quite interesting. Seems the 3 members of the band hardly speak with each other, the only time they come into contact with each other is on stage. (And presumably when they write/record). Seems they don't really like each other!

I found that curious. I wonder how they can make good music together when they hardly connect. Or maybe that is the reason why they can.

Lots of bands who have been round for so long probably can't stand each other. Can't remember names, but I have read in the past of separate buses, separate dressing rooms, separate everything for each member of bands.

Depeche Mode.

A strange grouping of unlike people if ever there was one, but one which makes some fantastic sounds (well, after 86 anyways).

Dave - the charismatic singer. From quiet pop band frontman to grungy rock star who dies of a heroin overdoes back in 93 after an 18 month tour that saw all the members basically self-destruct. Even Primal Scream couldn't keep up with the debauchery when they toured together (that's saying something!) Came back from the dead after his 6 seconds dead, and this year started thinking he could write songs as well and started badmouthing the other members. (His songs are rubbish).

Martin - amazingly shy, walks away from any confrontation, the genius songwriter. Hardly ever says anything apart from in his music. That causes problems.

Andy (Fletch) - almost admits to doing sod all in the studio, and on the stage for that matter....apart from clap out of time and "dance" in a very geek-like manner. Looks like a nerdy Geography teacher. Confesses that his role in the band is "best mate to Martin" and keeping the band together. Not bad a job if you can get it! This really annoys Dave and previously Alan (see below).

Alan - came in later than the rest when they started getting good. The Musician and very talented producer. Pretty much responsible for the sound of their perfect disc "Violator". Hates Fletch, coz Fletch does sod all while he's was slaving away in the studio. No producing credits given. Pissed off. Left band.

-----

It goes on. But basically they don't seem to like each other much and don't seem to be able to even talk to each other. The last year of solo stuff has seen a lot of shit flying. Like a soap opera.