Been into F1 for 15+ years, but last season i kinda had enough. It seems to me that the thing is fixed.

This year it is Williams turn to win.

After Bernie helped Ferrari and M. Scum to his 6. title last year, BMW and Frank are next in line.

There is too muck money involved to risk a fair result.

FW will get 2 years on top, and then it will be Renault, then McLaren.

Still i went to Suzuka in 2003 and it is a great show. I love it! but don't call it a sport!

ATB

Thunder

OKOKOK here it is!

F1 is not about the best man wins!

I belive that the drivers do their best, i don't belive that the drivers "agree" on who to win, it is not like that!

if you have watched F1 over some years you will se that about 50% of the fans support Ferrari so "what is good for Ferrari is good for F1" (Bernie ecclestone's own words)

The last 5 years Mclaren have come up with some very inovative solutions: berylium cylinders for their engines, Ferrari protested stating that berylium is a cause of lung cancer, yeah right they have no problem with Marlboro painted all over their cars, and even more important cigarettes are the number one source of berylium in human lungs (fact)

Mclaren invented a brake-steering system in 1998? that got approved pre season by FIA, only to be banned after protest from... guess who!

then there was Tyre-gate this year, Michelin finds a loophole in the rules. The rules stated that the treads in the tyres must be measured before the race, Michelin invents rubber that deforms under pressure, giving them a clear advantage over Bridgestone running Ferrari who protests and wins...

2004 McLaren designs a new rear wing for their mp4/19, breaking the lap record in Jerez spain, Ferrari protests over the new design, rules are in the process of beeing rewritten.

but this doesn't end here

1998 race stewards measures Scum's bargeboards after eurpe? and find that they are too big, he is disqualified, but F. protests, and guess what? FIA comes to their aid, stating that it is the horizontal part og the bargeboard that is too big, but since it is the horizontal part it can be concidered a part of the bottom of the car, where 5% tolerance is allowed. scum gets another chance of winning

I have seen scum win his 1. wdc in 94 by running Hill off. scum had a problem with his car, and only way he could win was to take Hill out, so he did. No penalty. to be fair to scum i have seen many drivers pull the same stunt, that doesn't make him unique.

I remember him trying the same thing in 97 Jerez with villeneuve, where he actually got a penalty, having to give driving lessons for 20something hours?!? and got stripped of his 2. place, but not his points?!?! (strange eh points = money for the team?)

i've seen him take Heinz Harald Frenzen off the racetrack at 270 km/h on purpose (while beeing the safety spokesperson for the drivers)

This year he was close to loosing the race tor the title, so FIA came to his help one more time by penalizing Montoya in Indy for a very questionable collision with... Ferrari's no 2 Barichello.

next race: our very own Suzuka, Thunderpants is sitting in C area where i have great view over both start/finish and the chicane, and i see scum make a complete fool of himself by attempting a dangerous and very optimistic passing of Sato-san, it cost scum his frontwing, but no penalty, next he tries to run his brother off at the start/finish in an attempt to avoid beeing overtaken.

Ok you may have guessed that i am not scum's biggest fan, but that is not what we are talking about here, and it is not my mission to proof to my fellow snowbrothers and sisters that he is a bad person. My mission is to make it clear that the rules are not the same for everyone (it is fixed)

Lets go back 15 years, to Suzuka '89 most of the people with whom i have discussed that event agree with me that Prost clearly took Senna off. but Senna got the blame.

Later, in 93 monaco Prost feels the heat and gets a drive though penalty for a jumpstart that never happend. later that year Ecclestone says on TV that he is happy that Prost will retire and that no one in F1 is going to miss him!

F1 today is a very important tool for promotion of car brands. No car company can afford to pump $$$ in F1 without getting some value, that is why Ecclestone and Mad Max makes sure that every major company gets their share. BMW is next.

i obviously have no proof to what i am saying, call me paranoid, ANTI scum, do whatever you want, this is my view of F1. i started to watch it in 89, i have loved it, hated it, and this year i kinda lost interest because it seems so unfair anddriven by so many other things than the "fastest man"

F1 is a little like WBO boxing, most of us know it is a bit "fishy" but it is still 2 great shows.

If you made it this far: thank you for your time

ATB

Thunder

PS. Yes i have been to Suzuka twice, just GO! i dragged my wife down there last year. She has No interest in motorsport, but loved the show so much that she already plans this years trip. You know my opinion about F1 now, and i am still going this year, it is noisy, very and it gives me goosebumps just to think about it. I have seen races in Europe too, but Suzuka is the best circuit in the world, both for spectators and drivers. Japanese racefans are such a pleasure to be with

Dear Frannyo!

I think it will be Montoya this year, not only because "It is BMW's turn" but because he has matured, he has got the car to do it, and because he is damn good!

As much as i dislike MS (i will not call him scum from now on) i can not count him out.

I am a great fan of Kimi-san and he is an outsider, but i tip him for 2005, and it is going to be fun to watch kimi and montoya fight it out in McLaren.

But what about you? did i step on your toes with my anti-ms post? who do you tip?

ATB

Thunder