Many resorts do but many don't and have limited terrain options for beginners. Hakuba highland is a classic beginners resort and though I've never been there I'd be surprised if you had to contend with loads of people ripping past you. Should be plenty of options; just work out where ,in general, you want to go and do a search of the resorts on this site.

Happoone has a great beginners section over on the far side. which company saka maybe 3 or for lifts and the terrain is groomed very nice. Also pretty good kids area there where you can do about anything in a fenced off area. sledding snowball fights and more. Its free also

Davo you and I both forgot about Tsugaike crazy long beginner runs there on the left side closest to hakuba.

Yeah Fattwins that's a good spot and you can also check out the snow park action to give you an incentive for improving. Tsugaike is so flat in parts that I can't see how a beginer could improve on some of the ,so-called, slopes.

It is always good to have a little wind down fun at the end. Especially when your legs can't take any more but you have to get down.

I love doing this at really big mountains in the spring when they get all slushed out and it takes every bit of effort just to stand up let alone ski safely down.

Hey Yoroshiku,

I actually think it's kinda hard to learn well on a flat slope (at least on a board). You need some speed to learn how to turn, etc. Anyway, if you have the chance, hitting the slopes here on a weekday means its much less crowded.

If you take a lesson, usually the instructor will help "guard-off" the area around you, etc..

For areas, I usually recommend beginner friends to Iwappara/Kandatsu in Yuzawa..

• 2 weeks later...