Its a beautiful day today, got all the laundry on the balcony drying, the babies bedding airing and the selfish old Fwit who has a filthy rundown garbage infested dump of a property next to our mansion has decided to light his furnace and burn the scraps from his Tatami business.

triplemad.gif

God I really hate him. Inexcusable selfish old bastard.

So typically selfish. What amazes me is so few people complain even though they hate it.

You know - don't want to cause any trouble.

But these fire-besotted ignoramuses cause more trouble than anything.

Also it is illegal now in most places, except some special farming concessions.

But the smoke goes on. mad.gif

I think people in japan are so used to being in smokey environments that they dont even think it is unusual to have people burning off all over the shop. We have rubbish incineration units all over Tokyo skyline and smokers everywhere. People dont even think when lighting up cigarettes during meals and blowing the smoke into non-smokers faces. I really think these people should go to a country with nice, clean air and see how it feels. Maybe then people will be more sensitive when it comes to "smoke".

It is simple common sense to be aware of the fact that burning old tatami, plastic etc is not a good thing. Many people lack common sense and have no consideration for the air-quality of the environment around them. I've seen what kamoshika has to put up with and the guy he's complaining about is an inconsiderate prick.

Burning rubbish is right up there with blaring inane crap from soundtrucks and hacking up green oysters on the footpath as a matter of course. The fact that these things are irritating doesn't stop people from doing them. I'm sure this annoys most people but they accept it because that's the way things are. Unfortunately it means that a minority gets away with annoying the majority. I don't proclaim to know much about the esoteric Japanese concept of "Wa" but it seems to depend a lot on putting up with the shitty inconsiderate behaviour of others.

Go forth and break the "Wa" kamo.

A few weeks ago a farming friend told me an interesting "Fock it, Burn it" story.

She was loading up the K-truck with old pv sheeting. Farmers use 100's of metres of the stuff for their "vinyl tunnels"(green houses) and they generally have to replace it every 2 years. In her area on a designated day, they must take it to a recycle depot and pay for them to take it. I think she always pays about 20,000

to discard of 100's of kilos of the stuff.

So after filling the truck to overflowing, the next door locally respected O-Jisan said " what are you doing". When she explained his answer was, "Don't pay them money, just burn it with grass & leaves - I always do"

She said she couldn't say anything to him because of his "standing". I understand her position - she has to live there, but it's about time these fockers were quietly whistled on.

Burning PVC, spreading the dioxin laden ash on the fields, growing vegies, selling them and people eating the shyte. mad.gif

Quote:
Originally posted by Roger's head:
Where do old tatami go?

And how long do the things actually last for?

Sorry to hear about the smoke kamoshika - that would drive me nuts. I can only imagine what a burning tatami smells like.
he makes Tatami, so it the offcuts etc he burns, other neighbours have camplained, but the Building Superintendent sayes complaining is futile, water off a ducks back.
He burns several times a week at random times, it sucks also because my balcony gets covered in ash and cant leave the balcony doors or windows open or the washing on the line, gotta keep them closed if I go out.
plus he has a pump in his yard ( which is the biggest pigsty dump in Japan) which rattles badly at night and bugs me if I cant sleep.
Such is life.
 Quote:
Originally posted by d=(^o^)=b:
K: you really do not like any form of smoke do you?
Incense is alright in small quantities ;\) , though I heard the cheap and nasty ones from Thailnad et al are carcinogenic. Many non smoking monks in temples are dropping off with Lung cancer linked to the huge amount of incense used in some temples.
Seems noting is safe

I had the old fella across the lake do that to me one too many times. In the end i very politely walked over with a bucket of water and put out the smoke.

He incidentally didn't burn in front of his house because his children would allow him, and the bucket dissappered very quickly.

My area is a farming area and the excuse that old people can't change ways like that fricks me. Just put the f&%&king rubbush in the bin. At night if I am out and see a "BURN BIN" i usually move it or take it away!