Another bit of gruesome:

---

BODY LAY IN HOUSE FOR YEAR

An elderly Irishwoman shared a room with her sister's corpse for up to a year - and sometimes slept with it in the same bed, it has been reported.

Mary Ellen Lyons kept her sister Agnes's death to herself.

Even their brother Michael, who lived in the same remote bungalow in rural western Ireland, did not about it.

An inquest was told Agnes probably died in 2002 at the age of 70.

But her body was not discovered until August 2003.

"I have tried to remember when Agnes died but I just can't remember," Mary Ellen said in a statement read out at the inquest.

"I remember getting Christmas cards at Christmas 2002 but I cannot remember if Agnes was dead at the time."

The inquest heard the three siblings lived in "a world apart" and that the sisters were deeply religious.

After Agnes's death, Mary Ellen sometimes slept in the same double bed as the corpse and sometimes in the bathroom.

Michael stayed in his own bedroom and the living room of the tiny house and never entered his sisters' room.

"There is no way that Michael would open the door of a woman's room," a neighbour told the inquest.

"They wouldn't even watch the television if there was a woman on it. They were from a different era."

If my loved one passed away, I can understand the inclination to want to be close to the body and even to sleep in the same bed with it, but only for a few days. One year!? Doesn't it start decomposing and getting smelly and yucky?