Teacher in hot water for 'massaging' girls

eek.gif

OTAWARA, Tochigi -- A municipal junior high school teacher who allegedly molested eight girls at the school's premises under the pretext of massaging them has been arrested, police said Thursday.

Akiharu Tobe, 31, a physical education teacher at an Otawara municipal junior high school, admitted to the allegations during questioning. He has already been dismissed over the case.

The arrest comes only a few days after a teacher at a Kawasaki municipal junior high school was found to have fondled the bodies of members of the girls' basketball club over several years.

In the specific case for which he was arrested, Tobe offered to massage a 14-year-old, second-year girl and fondled her body in mid-December last year, according to investigators. The municipal board of education said the teacher similarly molested seven other girls on the school compounds between October last year and January this year.

The incident came to light at the end of January when several students complained to the principal that Tobe had molested them. (Mainichi Shimbun, Japan, March 4, 2004)

Terrible.

But on the subject of teachers - they seem to have a reputation generally that they don't deserve. Some of the teachers I know put in an amazing amount of energy into their work.

Ol' Markie may have a reputation around here as a bit of a playboy, but he (unlike a few others one could mention) has never shown any interest in young girls, joking or otherwise...

If I were a high school teacher I would be particularly sensitive to 'jokes' of this nature, disgusting as paedophilia is. An apology and deletion is in order.

Quote:
Originally posted by miteyak:
Ol' Markie may have a reputation around here as a bit of a playboy, but he (unlike a few others one could mention) has never shown any interest in young girls, joking or otherwise...

If I were a high school teacher I would be particularly sensitive to 'jokes' of this nature, disgusting as paedophilia is. An apology and deletion is in order.
Ooch! harsh man! totally joking ...thus the :p
Sorry Markie. " title="" src="graemlins/cry.gif" />

I realize you were joking and sorry if that was harsh but as I said, high school teachers and little girl jokes don't really mix...

I'm sure Markie will appreciate the retraction... \:\)

No PC week, I just felt bad for Markie...

As I said above, there are more deserving targets for the 'joke' on this forum... check out another recent thread for clues... lol.gif

(that one I wouldn't have protested...)

Just to set the record straight, there are no hard feelings, sweetaz. It was obviously just a tease without malice. But it did feel a bit demeaning.

And thanks, miteyak.