My housemate #1 decided to download some file sharing program called Shareaza, which of course had gator and anothe trojan in it. She also set the FS program up so that her PC was a share node on the network. Then she got upset coz I told her she'd have to pay for excess bandwidth - "It's not my fault the program I loaded has this stuff in it. I didn't know it would do that... " title="" src="graemlins/cry.gif" /> " title="" src="graemlins/cry.gif" /> "

My dad recently bought a PC and while hes enjoying using the internet and email and doing basic stuff, anything that pops up unexpected and hes lost. And theres a lot of them. It must be very very confusing and frustrating, considering that I get confused and frustrated even when I've been using the damn things for years. mad.gif

• 2 weeks later...

In my (limited) experience, that Spy sweeper one seems to be the best one. It found and got rid of things the others didn't seem to be able to detect.

All of the webroot products are good. I have them all on my machine, no-one getting in here matey.