i have rented a house in whistler and i am looking for roomies.1Dec-1Jun, 4mins walk from village, shared, 4places in 2bdrms avail. $3930(can)/£1700pp for 6 months all bills incl. 2baths, washer/dryer, cooker,microwave,TV,VCR. My phone number is in England 0044 (0) 7869229671, rich@snowboardom.com

I am also thinking about quitting work at the end of JET and bumming for a while.

Although I would probably pick a different resort than Whistler. Maybe Kicking Horse, Red, Whitewater or Fernie. Whistler rules but it's just so expensive.

Where did you bum at?

The parks at the mountains I listed are pretty much non-existant. Mostly just hardcore terrain.

But like Fattwins said. Big White, Silver Star, Sun Peaks and Local Vancouver hills all have kickass parks.

Me got a great job at Sunpeaks snow making overtime galor, 3days off a week 8 to 1pm sking before work. Spent lots of those days off at Fernie long drive but worth it. They always seemed to give me a free pass instead of the 50% off that I was due. Sun Peaks is under rated some long kick ass bump runs that are 45 degrees right to the bottom. Used to have tons of powder in the BC but its getting over played now.

Well it seems like we NorthAmericans can't say anything without some british/aussie laughing at us.

Sun Peaks is alright. I find they don't get enough snow though. I havn't been to many times mid winter though. Usually just at Christmas or for the free day given to Lower Mainland people. Then though all that is usually open in 5 mile and Coquihalla.

But back in the day when it was Todd I went into the Gills Hill area which was pretty cool.

So you know the gils eh. I spent most of my days in there. The top of the mountain get 250 plus inches. But most other hills get more up top whistler hitting near 500. (all stats taken at mid. A good mountain to live cheap and make money. lots of construction work and night work. I wanted to ski and not go broke.

Big White pays crap and the Auzzie owner takes more auzzies thean Canadians to get free advertiseing upon their return to Auz. Fernie was hard to get into back then not many jobs at all but that is changed. Toque I can give you a great map of fish and the next bowl (all bc and steep)

Whitewater if you want easy tours into sic big lines mate great freaking place I was in ah when I drove up the road.

All those Okanogan hills get great snow but limited bases.

I skied Apex the season before coming here and it had some pretty sick treed chutes.

Sun Peaks seemed to be marketed a lot to Japanese people. It would be a great hill for them as there are some sick groomed and mogul runs.

Gils looked pretty cool but I am sure it gets chewed up real quick now that the hill is more popular.

Yeah I figure a pow day is 3 days max there now. Pow used to last well over a week. People pushed into gils and then afterwards most people stopped at mainface. I always pushed further out to the steeper lines some hidden ones that can still only be yours.

The problem with our resorts Toque is that no one lives near the big snow mountains. There are places in Canada 1 hour north or Kamloops that get so much snow. Too bad the access will forever be piss poor.

When you head back and buy your sled, I will be right there mooching rides. Im even stating to think a sled in this country wouldnt be a bad idea.

I think If you drive past whistler youll find enough lines and many people. Or head to Revelstoke and ski there crazy sled lines. Alot of guys now head up all the way and then let their machines head down by themselves