My good mate is getting married over G.W. and he has asked me to do a short game 5-10mins for about 75-100 people. The last wedding I went to they didnt do a game so Im just at a lost.

Has anybody been to a Japanese wedding where they did a game? Do you have any suggestions for a game that both young and old people alike could play - I was thinking of "twister" but... Seriously, any help would be appreciated. wakaranai.gif

i was at a j wedding where they did a huge junken game for money. everyone put 500yen in a pot to play. the bride was up on stage and played against the crowd. if you beat the bride's hand, you stayed. if she beat you, you had to leave the game. forgot what happened if you had the same as her. anyways, the crowd narrowed down to one winner who got all the money.

you are taling about a Japanese wedding I take it?

Anything tacky will do for a game. Try a sculling game or something.

I'm not really a fan of the games and stuff, just seems to make the the whole thing seem abit.....lame? cheap? tacky?

Been there done that

• Guessing game - a quiz about random obscure stuff about the bride and groom, worst habit,shoe size, favourite TV drama, little quirks. first person in the crowd to raise their hand and guess correctly gets a prize

• Toilet paper game - get some long poles, hold horizontally and put rolls of toilet paper on, first person to pull all the paper off their roll wins

• Maru Batsu game - eliminate the crowd with trivia, like in the guessing game

• "eating water crackers - dry, no water games". eat 6 dry water crackers in the fastest possible time.

• Wasabi eating - get some maki zushi loaded with wasabi and the first to finish.

• spin around while looking up with a pole on top of your head, after 30 secs stop put the pole on the ground and jump sideways across it( hard while dizzy)

• This is Japan after all is there a Karaoke machine present? easy and lasts a long time too

• sculling beers witha straw \:D

• Bingo is really popular too, I kid you not, they did it at my wedding party :rolleyes: , just ask Davo

The rowdier ones are from a nijikai the tamer ones are from a reception aswell with all present.

You can get away with some raucous crude stuff at Nijikais sometimes. depending on whose it is, they are like combined stags/hens party after the wedding.

• 2 weeks later...

Scouser,

Cheers mate! It went really well and I ended up doing some trivia about the bride and groom and made the participants answer in English. Something similar to whats his name... the bloke on Karakuri terebi... Sane Camue (probably butcherd his name)

By the time the game came around, with an open bar and nomihoudai, everybody was wasted, even the grandparents seemed to be on the piss, so it was great fun.

Although, after the questions, being the ONLY gaijin, not to mention the only one theyve probably ever met who speaks Japanese, I was hammered with questions about Japanese weddings and what I thought, how long Id been in Japan, my current occupation, if I could use chopsticks, are japanese women beautiful , and, and if I was a batchelor - seemed a few of the bridesmades were interested \:D