Hi all!

I have another vPod question. Once more, sure it applies to all iPods too!

In late July I'll be taking a trip to the UK and the US for a few weeks and of course I want to take vPod with me.

Do I need any kind of adapter to be able to use the power supply. I know for the UK apart I'll need a 3 pronged plug to be able to put the thing in - I mean do I need some kind of power converter at all as well as that?

Thank you so kindly.

cool.gif

no, you dont need a power converter, just a plug adapter. You can buy a fancy type that goes with the iPod. I dont have one of these. I just buy them at the airport as I enter a new country, but be warned. The one I bought in the uk was designed in such a way that it was not possible to get the iPod plug into it. This is hard to explain. The prongs and sockets were fine, but there was a ring of plastic around the sockets that the plug should have fitted into. The iPod plug is an odd rectangle shape and it did not fit into the recess designed for the plug. I had to hack at it with a bread knife to effect the required modifications. Not all will be designed like mine, but best to check when buying. It will be pretty obvious if the design will obstruct the iPod plug body.

Try buying them before leaving Japan.

Also fly with an airline that has a standard plug socket on the seat consol or arm rest. That way you can charge and play all flight. Also take your iTrip and try broadcasting your music to the flight deck. That should get you in real trouble.

Thanks db.

Am I right in saying that any adapter that says 100-240V on it is basically ok anywhere in the world??

By the way, db. How is the UK? Are we going to get a cultural observation essay sometime soon?

And - is it foggy? Every Japanese expert* I know says so, so I suppose it must be. Coz they know.

(* = everyone)

hey V, the iPod plug is actually an adapter I think. And yes if it says the 100-240 thing then it should be ok. I cant be sure as to be honest i have given over very little of my time to remembering info regarding plugs and what have you. Even batteries leave me uninterested and switched off.

The UK seems great so far, but my life has been very mono-themed (tons of work). I do have many observations but I wont bore with them yet. However, I will say that one of the first things I noticed was houses with white wooden window frames. It was nice to see them again. I suspect I will have a good time here, hard to tell but I am open to any eventuality. People here certainly seem quite friendly and open to other people around them. I am glad to be in the UK and really happy to be so close to Europe. I am going to Paris next weekend.

The big funny about Japanese people and the pronunciation of the letter r is no longer as funny. All I hear now is "that pie is weally weally tasty". "I dont like fowen food". "you should wug up, tomowow is going to be weally cold".

I am actually now quite conscious of my accent as well.

My big challenge is to avoid the footy crowd and the beer soaked chanting and singing that seems to go on in so many corner pubs.

Apple sells a fairly cheap plug adapter set which has a plug for every type in the world. What you do is slide off the plug from your dPod power pack (you know, the removable part) and slide on the relevant plug type. Your power pack is good for wherever ye may roam. I brought mine at Bic camera for about 3000 yen. You should be able to see what I mean on the apple site.

Hang on, here we go

world traveler adapter kit

Works with your laptop too.

You know what......you guys are right. I am a silly man. I guess I was travelling to three different coutries in a short period of time and brought it 'cause I'm lazy.

Baka \:\(

• 2 weeks later...